Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

::Mezmerize DCB1 custom::
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2018, 09:57 AM   #1
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default ::Mezmerize DCB1 custom::

Up for sale is a custom DCB1 Buffer.

The build is based on the well known 'Direct Coupled B1 Buffer' boards by Salas... Parts quality is top notch through out with very well matched LED's for the reference strings of the shunt regs and equally well matched semiconductors (Toshiba 2SK170BL and IRFP240 and 9240). Output resistors are Amtrans AMRG.
The power supplies for the buffer part are Salas shunt regs running a bit hotter (~350mA), fed by a custom encapsulated toroid and two additional capacitor banks consisting of 2x50 pieces 470uF capacitors. The toroid has two primaries so can be wired for 115/230V!

Source selection (4x) is managed by a swiss ELMA switch, volume attenuation by the excellent 8th Note digital volume that was sold in very limited volume! Together with a simple Elna pot it works absolutely gorgeous, has very fine steps and even has the feel of a detented volume attenuator. RCA's are custom rhodium plated connectors from the US.

All this is residing in one of the most beautiful cases I ever built... the most obvious part being the front that is crafted from a solid block of moroccon Thuya wood semi-floating on steel dowels and sporting two custom delrin knobs. Pretty much every part of this case is custom or handmade. The top lid has no visible screws and is held in place by small neodymium magnets.

Has to go because of a system change, is working flawlessly, totally hum-free and only warm to the touch. Gain =1.

All this cannot be sold cheap (and took about a year to build), and there is only one such thing in the world. Asking 600$ plus shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg case-2.JPG (150.5 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg case-3.JPG (166.7 KB, 449 views)
File Type: jpg case-5.JPG (133.2 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg case-6.JPG (74.5 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg case-7.JPG (161.1 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg case-8.JPG (185.8 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg case-9.JPG (169.3 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg case-10.JPG (213.1 KB, 246 views)
Old 21st October 2018, 07:18 PM   #2
Gregje is offline Gregje  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

When will we see on your web page what is replacing this beauty? Are you going to attenuate in the digital domain in your new dac?
Old 21st October 2018, 08:54 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Cheers Gregje! Thank you for the kind words...

Volume attentuation digital = yes, but not in my DAC.
Since this is OT I am only saying: SD card.
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:03 AM   #4
sthcoaster is offline sthcoaster  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Gonna be finishing my own hotrod version before year end. This page now bookmarked as reference. Very nice.
Old 25th October 2018, 03:29 AM   #5
pinnocchio is offline pinnocchio  Canada
diyAudio Member

WOW!!!!!
Old 26th October 2018, 12:53 PM   #6
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow - What a beauty! I need to stop showing images of my creations until I can kick them up a few notches...
Old 27th October 2018, 09:09 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Haha Eric... no please don't! I took my inspiration from looking at other people's builds for many years.
Old 27th October 2018, 04:15 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

SOLD, and going to the US. Thank you!

::Mezmerize DCB1 custom::Hide this!Advertise here!