• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

5 WPC SET tube amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Sorry about posting but it was too late to add pics from my ad this morning. For sale is my 9/10 cond., less than one year old custom 5 wpc set tube amp. Designed and made by a well known tech genius on Audiokarma. ( name and moniker upon request) All new parts were used in construction. Edcor and Hammond transformers, Cardas solid copper binding posts, Audyn True Copper coupling caps , chrome chassis. The blems in pics are finger prints. It`s based on a modified 82xx series Magnavox from the 50`s. The tubes included are: Nos Mullard5ar4, 2-- NOS GE 6bq5`s and (3) 12ax7`s. one Sylvania JHS 12ax7 , one Motorola 12ax7 and a Raytheon 5751. Super quiet even on my 96dB Cain and Cain Abbys. 600$. Please PM me any questions,,,,tom

Attachments

• IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    900.2 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    943.8 KB · Views: 447
Unprotected wires going through chassis holes, heavy Audyn caps unsecured and poor soldering from the photos.

Can you take some better images? Might be the camera lens is mucky

Since this isn’t an automotive intended build are those protections for the wires needed? Or you have so much bass in your setup that you are afraid it will shake the wires inside so much and damage their isolation?

Anyway nice build!

Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.