• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Magnavox 138BB Mono Tube Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I purchased this Mono amp to modify into a Guitar amp, but it is just too nice...it is very very clean with zero rust, which is a surprise for its age.

It is stock from an organ (?) and has two prong power cable and no switch. I did add a fuse on hot wire and removed the Death cap. No other modifications were made.

I recently opened a thread to find schematic and link is below.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/326796-looking-magnavox-138-series-schematic.html

It is a Push Pull 6V6, with a 12AX7 driver and Phase Inverter and a 5Y3 rectifier.

I also noted a bit of arc flash in rectifier due to the somewhat large PS cap, so I was using a Octal Base fitted with with SS diodes as the rectifier with no issues.

All tube included.

Pics forthcoming

$120 + ship or pick up in west sub of Chicago?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Whoops, never realized that I did not include pics...Duh.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 148
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 151
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.