Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Magnavox 138BB Mono Tube Amp
Magnavox 138BB Mono Tube Amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2018, 01:16 PM   #1
john65b is offline john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Magnavox 138BB Mono Tube Amp

I purchased this Mono amp to modify into a Guitar amp, but it is just too nice...it is very very clean with zero rust, which is a surprise for its age.

It is stock from an organ (?) and has two prong power cable and no switch. I did add a fuse on hot wire and removed the Death cap. No other modifications were made.

I recently opened a thread to find schematic and link is below.

Looking for Magnavox 138 series Schematic

It is a Push Pull 6V6, with a 12AX7 driver and Phase Inverter and a 5Y3 rectifier.

I also noted a bit of arc flash in rectifier due to the somewhat large PS cap, so I was using a Octal Base fitted with with SS diodes as the rectifier with no issues.

All tube included.

Pics forthcoming

$120 + ship or pick up in west sub of Chicago?

Magnavox 138BB Mono Tube AmpHide this!Advertise here!