• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TOKIN SITs- Pairs of THF-51S and 2SK182ES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I bought over the last years some SITs from eBay watanabetomoaki.
This was a time where no matching for a pair was offered.
Meanwhile I have two pairs from Chul and one pair from pras1170 I can use for my build, so I have too much!

I just looked what I had in my basement and found two good pairs and one mediocre (and two singles).

These pairs will work for instance in Zen Mods SissySIT circuit.

So I offer here, measured in the Locky-z curve-tracer at Id = 2A and Vds = 24V

1. Pair THF-51S numbered 8 and 10, Vgs = 2,64/2,64V, perfect match

price 60 €

2. Pair THF-51S numbered 1 and 7, Vgs = 2,3/2,35V, near to perfect

price 55 €

3. Pair 2SK182ES numbered 6 and 5, Vgs = 3,2/2,9V

price 45 €

As I already told these pairs should work in Zen Mods SissySit Circuit.

Postal fees worldwide 8.-€

You will find the pairs in the picture.

The solder on the pins is only from fixing the curve-tracer wires, they were all not yet used.

Attachments

• Generg SITs.jpg
    Generg SITs.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 713
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I bought over the last years some SITs from eBay watanabetomoaki.
This was a time where no matching for a pair was offered.
Meanwhile I have two pairs from Chul and one pair from pras1170 I can use for my build, so I have too much!

I just looked what I had in my basement and found two good pairs and one mediocre (and two singles).

These pairs will work for instance in Zen Mods SissySIT circuit.

So I offer here, measured in the Locky-z curve-tracer at Id = 2A and Vds = 24V

1. Pair THF-51S numbered 8 and 10, Vgs = 2,64/2,64V, perfect match

price 60 €

2. Pair THF-51S numbered 1 and 7, Vgs = 2,3/2,35V, near to perfect

price 55 €

3. Pair 2SK182ES numbered 6 and 5, Vgs = 3,2/2,9V

price 45 €

As I already told these pairs should work in Zen Mods SissySit Circuit.

Postal fees worldwide 8.-€

You will find the pairs in the picture.

The solder on the pins is only from fixing the curve-tracer wires, they were all not yet used.

Hi Generg, have you done your measurements with warm SITs or cold one? When I do the same measures with cold sits, I get Vgs below1V with the Locky_z curve tracer.

Cheers,

Ernst

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I have no explanation for your low values......

What did the vendor say they should be?

If you want send me one and I test it in my tracer and we see what happens.

They are from watanabetomoaki. They have marked 1.5 to 1.7 on their back, which would reflect Vgs at 1000mA.

What I would like to know, if your tests were done with cold Sits or heated Sits. If cold, than mine would really be different.

I think you do have a few from the same source. What was written on the back?

Joined 2012
Paid Member
They are from watanabetomoaki. They have marked 1.5 to 1.7 on their back, which would reflect Vgs at 1000mA.

When I asked about the numbers written on the back of the THF-51Ss that I purchased from watanabetomoaki, he wrote back:

"The written numbers on them means Id (A), at Vds=25V Vgs=-1V aroun 25 degree".

So 1.5 and 1.7 are Id (A) at Vgs=-1V. Also he reversed the Drain and Source for his test at Vgs=-1V.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I purchased four THF-51S. I tested them on a heat sink at Vds=24.0V, Id=1.8A:

Written on Back........Vgs
2.2.......................-3.11V
2.4.......................-3.19V
2.5.......................-4.46V
2.5.......................-3.54V

So I then tested the third one with Vgs=-4.46V the watanabeaoki way but on a heatsink so at a higher temperature than 25C:

Vsd=25V, Vgs(actually g to d)=-1.0V, and I=2.27A which is close to 2.5A written on the bottom.

So with one pair the match was good, but with the supposedly "perfect" pair the match was way off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.