• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: speakers and audio stuff, Vancouver Island

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I have to move soon, and there's some stuff that I should let go of. I'm open to reasonable offers. I'm in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island; I can deliver to the south Island, or possibly meet you at the ferry terminal if you're from Vancouver (or carry them on the ferry to Horseshoe Bay if the price is right).

Speaker Components:

2 x Adire Tempest Classic 15" subwoofer, still in the cartons (long throw, stamped-frame, made in the USA by Eminence)

2 x Eminence 15" MCM part number 55-765, 80 oz magnet, 99 dB sensitivity. new in the cartons
(I have two more in what could be charitably described as unfinished or temporary cabinets, which I'll probably keep, since I have crossovers and compression horns that work with them)

5 x Eminence Omega Pro 18" (cast frame, 4" voice coils, 97 dB sensitivity, vented pole piece, single spider) (house part numbers from MCM and Image Communications); and one more that needs reconing). Suited to large ported box, a pair of which could be included (not identical looking, but same volume and tuning). There's also a couple of dual 18" bins, which don't reach as deep.

Radio Shack 40-1022B 4" woofers; one new in box, one used (maybe a couple more used ones in storage); according to measurements in Advanced Speaker Projects, the T-S parameters provided by RS are wrong, and these should be considered midranges.

The following pro sound components came from an estate sale, had rough lives in mobile DJ service, then were stored someplace like a utility trailer or barn. Some of the Altec models are from memory, so I could be mistaken.

1 x JBL K140 15"; very used, possibly reconed; good for musical instrument speaker?

2 x JBL 2425 1" throat compression drivers (no label, but an expert thought that's what they are); one with a good 16 ohm Epitome replacement diaphragm, the other blown; not pretty, because they weren't installed in cabinets.
2 x JBL 2461 1" throat Alnico compression drivers, one has working diaphragm (don't know if real JBL or what); these are in better shape since they were built into a big midrange horn cabinet
2 x Altec 511B horns (no labels, but that's what they look like)
2 x Altec 908-8B compression drivers; the orange plastic bits inside need gluing in place, one diaphragm may be OK
1 x Altec 808-8B compression driver

1 x Pioneer 2-way pro-looking crossover with some visibly burnt parts inside
2 x JBL cast metal 2-way crossovers that are basically shells.

Complete Speakers:

2 x Yorkville Micron M160; 10" with horn 2-way; best used with bass bins, or for speech or background music appplications.

2 x KLH Model 17; classic 8" two-way "bookshelf" speakers, ideal for a vintage receiver, spider plant on top of one speaker, and a macrame owl on the wall; the caps tested OK; cloth surrounds might benefit from re-coating; veneer needs oil or something.

2 x Radio Shack Minimus-77 (white); surrounds gone

2 x DIY ServoDrive ContraBass sub-subwoofers. Built from parts and plans made available to the DIY speaker mailing list members thanks to Tom Danley. Cabinets are baltic birch, screwed and glued, with an inadequate coat of black polyurethane, and no grilles. The servo motors are surplus Pacific Scientific which are lower impedance, so need to be used with a power amp that doesn't mind 1 ohm loads, or with a 2:1 transformer, which converts the impedance to a more tolerable 4 ohms. I used a pair of 500 VA Hammond transformers, which will be included, though toroids would be better. One of the Contras got fried at a party; I assume the motor is cooked. 2 spare motors are included, but both weren't packed properly when shipped and have some damage. (If they aren't repairable, you can still find compatible motors on eBay; just make it plain to the seller that the motor MUST be packed so as to protect the shaft.) This is the speaker that was designed to reproduce elephant stomps yet fit in a Landrover; they've been used in amusement parks, military simulators, and home cinemas of the wealthy. There is audible distortion at low levels, which has been mentioned in at least one review of the real thing. It may be due to motor brush noise, or because the rubber-like pads in the rotary-to-linear converter mechanism develop a dip in the at-rest position (which I could feel when playing with the mechanism after assembly). So, either use it well away from the seating locations, or only for the lowest octave(s), and with a noise-gate so it only activates for loud scenes/passages. It will not take much money to buy these from me; they need a home.

2 x Optimus LX5 speakers with the bipole Linnaeum tweeter.

Turntables:
Technics SL-D1 manual direct-drive, c/w original packaging. Entry-level direct-drive (no quartz lock), but according to an article in Popular Electronics (IIRC) it can be modified to do 78 RPM by adding a trimpot to the 45 RPM setting).

Thorens TD-165 belt-drive manual; c/w manual, cartridge alignment fixture. Probably needs a new belt by now.

Electronics:

Traynor Bassmaster tube bass amp, with YBA-1 15" cabinet

Audiopro (Yorkville) AP4040 (made in Canada) 1200 watts/channel/4 ohms

AB Precedent Series 900A (about 400 watts/channel/4 ohms); (loud fan, due to slotted grill and restricted air path)

Marantz 7T preamplifier. transistor version of the famous 7. Comes with manual and factory test certificate. Looks like it's been repaired at some point.

Dynaco SE-10 equalizer

Behringer CX3400 stereo active crossover with limiters (2/3 way stereo, 4 way mono), with box

Behringer XENYX 802 mixer (new in the box)

Electronics that needs some work:

Philips CD960 CD player; probably needs new belts, or other rubber things that perish.

Pioneer VSX-816 AV receiver; Dolby Digital/DTS, no HDMI at all; preamp outputs; c/w remote, manual, antennas, and calibration mic; it has a problem common to this model (see avsforum discussion): it needs resoldering some relay connections to fix intermittent speaker outputs. Free or best offer.

Carver m1.0t power amplifier; stopped working completely after being occasionally temperamental at turning on or off.

Teac V-9 cassette deck; it worked for a while after I replaced a belt that had turned to goo, but last time I checked it didn't work, so probably another rubber thing has failed.

2 x Targa HEXFET 2CH500 car stereo amplifiers; different revisions; possibly useful as sources of non-fake power transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.