• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SissySIT - kit packages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Presenting thread HERE

Schematic and pcb screenshot post #1 , plenty o pictures after .

Tips and Tricks thread HERE

Reading entire thread is advisable , same as inquiring any technical question there : Be sure that you are aware of all things electrical and mechanical !

THF51-S still available on fleabay , watanabetomoaki confirmed seller , also pras1701 - being member here and you have some discount vs. fleabay price

instead , pretty much sure that 2SK180 will work too

Pcbs are made for UMS , mounting directly to heatsink (will show you how).

NB that pcbs are common for SissySIT And Babelfish M25 amps , differences being really minor , except upper output device .

Do not hurry - read , think , ask and only when you feel that you want it and can make it , proceed ...... advice which I'm finding applicable on practically anything ;) .

For anything else , write either here , send PM or directly to >zenmodiyaudio@gmail.com<

Prices are mostly dictated with small scale nature of operation (as always is case) and time/work involved in matching and soldering little buggers.

For ordering , contact me at above written e-mail addy .

Kit options :

- LCH pcb ,
- RCH pcb ,
- all smd buffer JFets presoldered ,
- Hall current sensing chips presoldered ,
- surrounding smd caps presoldered ,
- 4pcs of 1uF MKC caps (for critical signal position) enclosed.

Full price , including Paypal fee and P&P for registered shipping all around the Globe - 130E

- LCH pcb ,
- RCH pcb ,
- all smd buffer JFets presoldered ,
- Hall current sensing chips presoldered ,
- surrounding smd caps presoldered ,
- 4pcs of 1uF MKC caps (for critical signal position) enclosed.
-all multiturn trimpots
-output P channel mosfets , 2 pcs , most likely Infineon IRFP9140
-voltage regs
-cascode bjts
-optocouplers
-all electrolytic caps (all Panasonics ,except Elna Silmic II for 1 signal route position)
-one-pin sockets for special resistor positions
-all (MF 600mW) resistors
-small u22 caps for Borbely WC follower , if you want it for more sugar

to recapitulate - everything what goes on pcbs , excluding signal xformers and pcb/mosfet mounting screws/nuts/washers and , of course , excluding THF51-S

Full price , including Paypal fee and P&P for registered shipping all around the Globe - 175E

If I have everything in drawers in moment of order , can ship in 3-5 days ;
If I don't have any of normal parts in drawer , shipping could be delayed up to 3 days;
If I don't have pcbs in drawer , shipping could be delayed up to 7 days;
If I don't have most critical part for getting in my neck of wood - ACS Hall chips , shipping could be delayed up to 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Finally getting all parts in quantity during next week .

Well, in my neck of wood , getting ACS Hall chips promptly is sorta complicated .... in fact just slow , not complicated

Anyway , during next week I'm going to visit my Eywa ....... and parts will be piled up while I'm away

So , next weekend (not this one , logically) BigBadaBoom soldering action - ZM against all those little Bugs, Day of Triffids ..... JFet Snake Attack ..... whatever

Then packing and shipping .... of course - First paid - First served

Any idea of the power supply requirements - possible PCB's ? Also any guide on assembling powering the kit etc - i have the SIT/Mosfets. Ordered Cinemag transformer and waiting for the kit. I have to order the Power supply- have some heat sinks for T-Bed testing before placing it in DIYAudio Chassis.
kannan

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
all tech info is in thread Ben linked to

PSU is , say , regular FW format - xformer(s) with 2x 18V secondaries , resulting in around 22V5dc rails

either one 500VA for common PSU or - better - one of 250VA per channel

I made (at last) sissy nice cap bank pcbs , with place for 4pcs of 35mm Dia/10mm pin distance caps , CRC per rail , along with place for LED resistor and NTC going from GND to chassis

no need for rectifiers on board , I'm happy with Papa's approach - 2 metal cased diode bridges per xformer , bolted wherever I choose to

will have first of them in few days and put few pics here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.