Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Hygeia Electron Co. - AMT's and Planar Ribbon tweeters
Hygeia Electron Co. - AMT's and Planar Ribbon tweeters
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2020, 12:38 PM   #21
OscarS is offline OscarS  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, I can sell you the RT-50021's, but pricing has increased due to them now having modified diaphragms that reduce distortion even further without affecting freq response. In a USPS medium flat rate box, they would be $216 shipped. I will post graphs of distortion reduction in an hour or so. That way you can decide if you still want them.
Old 11th February 2020, 02:05 PM   #22
uncola is offline uncola  United States
diyAudio Member

is this a modification that you performed on them? any details on what lead you to do that?
Old 11th February 2020, 03:57 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Yes, I do this myself, and I had to ruin about 4 or 5 diaphragms to arrive at my current iteration, so it was kinda costly, but it was worth it IMO.

Here are some charts that tell the story of how I was trying to tame the distortion caused by a resonance I measured, thus leading to these modifications:
Click the image to open in full size.

Overall, I liked the "lesser" modification the best, so that is what I went with.
Old 11th February 2020, 04:04 PM   #24
uncola is offline uncola  United States
diyAudio Member

ok can I get a pair of the 4001 then? lol
Old 11th February 2020, 04:07 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post
ok can I get a pair of the 4001 then? lol
I don't have any more 4001's, sorry.

If my price is too high for the modified RT-50021's, I can still sell you a bone-stock pair for $174.95 + $16 for USPS medium flat rate shipping. If you don't plan on horn-loading them and keeping them above 2,5 kHz the stock ones are still amazing. Once you try to get away with sub-2000Hz output is really when the modification really shines. Let me know.

Last edited by OscarS; 11th February 2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11th February 2020, 04:57 PM   #26
kingfisher is offline kingfisher  Canada
diyAudio Member

You emailed the wrong person for this purchase... Hope you are able to score a pair.
Old 11th February 2020, 09:30 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Modifications to the RT-20051's also yielded improvements. The large distortion spike from my initial measurements I have not been able to duplicate, and I always sensed it was an anomaly, and has not reappeared since. Perhaps a weird reflection or electronics interference at the time.

Both 2nd and 3rd order harmonic distortion are reduced.

Click the image to open in full size.

Did I mention these respond awesomely to horn-loading?
  Reply to this post

Hygeia Electron Co. - AMT's and Planar Ribbon tweetersHide this!Advertise here!