• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Babelfish M25 , AKA M2 on steroids , AKA M2-XA25 bstrd - kit packages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trying to get an idea of the basic sonic signature of this amp.
Has it been officially christened, yet?

Is it similar to M2? Papa said it was exceptional in the mid range, but a little soft in bass and treble.

My 65 year old year old ears don't mind the soft treble aspect. Could in fact be a blessing as I have developed an increased sensitivity to, and dislike for, sibilance.
Not sure about the soft bass possibility, though, as I do enjoy the lower registers. ACA's I just built are amazingly good there.

System is: Redbook CD transport, Schiit Multibit Guingnir DAC, Schiit Saga pre arriving tomorrow (passive Schiit Sys in there now), monoblock ACA's, Omega Super 3 XRS speakers, Rhythmik L12 sub.
Main jams are late 60's/early 70's rock.

Any suggestions as to how best "Accentuate the Positive" from these often less than stellar recordings (have a tendency to be a little hot in the upper mid/treble compared to better recordings) would be appreciated.

Pondering building a 5U with power supply to fit multiple Papa's into.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
aha

regarding sent kits , simple as that : if you got my e-mail with shipping confirmation and Tracking No. , I did send your envelope ; if you didn't , just be patient little more

bummer is that I can't send zillion (more than 2 or 3) of them at once , simply because Customs are full of ........ people always suspicious (and not just mine Customs , same applies everywhere , it seems )

They're simply too fast in getting idea that someone is executing Planetary Big Trading Operation , without direct blessings of Big Brother, so it must be prevented and punished

:rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I was surprised with amount of interest for SissySIT and Babelfish M25 , so logistic needed for that was big , overwhelming and tiresome ; Well , big - at least for me.

On top of that , when I started sending Sissy and B M25 packages , I was suddenly blocked by Customs (for sending "gift" packages as private person) , so couldn't send anything , they certainly having impression that I'm running some sort of Pablo Escobar caliber business .....

After that , I was forced to open small business (service shop, which I had for years, but was different sort of freelancer lately) , just to be able to send packages out of Serbia , marked as Free Samples .

Just several days ago I finished entire procedure and started sending packages , of course with sending expenses multiplied in every possible way.

In this moment , I've sent approx. 2/3 of ordered kits and believe I'm going to fulfill my obligations in less than two week's time.

Hope after that that I'll have more time to invest in new amps projects (toys , to be more precise) , same as working on proper Tutorial thread about My Precioussssss - Iron :Pumpkin: ...... it bloody deserves that .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.