• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: LM3886 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
For sale: Compact, low distortion, easy to build LM3886 PCBs

For sale are compact, low distortion, easy to build PCBs for an LM3886 amplifier.
  • Compact: only 2.9x1.2in (one channel), with the same mounting pattern and a similar layout to the boards previously sold by ChipAmp.com (which, sadly, seems to be out of business, and to which I am not related).
  • Low distortion: advanced signal routing offers superior performance. THD+N is less than 0.002% when driving 18Vrms into 8ohm with an unregulated power supply. The distortion spectrum is "soft", with a low level of higher order harmonics. The high frequency linearity is also excellent.
  • Easy to build: The schematic is very simple, with only a few parts and nothing exotic. A more detailed description, including the schematic and BOM, can be found in the posts #2 and #3 below.
The boards come in two versions (see the attached photos), through hole and SMT. Both versions have similar performance. SMT verso comes with SMT parts pre-soldered.
  • The through hole version is a simple non-inverting LM3886 amplifier.
  • The SMT version uses 0805 parts and can be used as inverting, non-inverting, or balanced differential input amplifier.
The discussion and measurements can be found at the Chip Amps forum.

Should you be interested in the SMT version, please send me a PM.

The through hole version (as well as the PCBs for a bunch of my other projects) is available at HiFiOcean.com for only US$9 per pair (one board is for one channel; a pair makes a stereo amplifier) plus shipping. I am also offering it on eBay.

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    943.1 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Schematic and BOM - through hole version

Attached are the schematic, PCB artwork and the BOM for the through hole version.

Attachments

• LM3886_TH_R1_sch.png
    LM3886_TH_R1_sch.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 216
  • LM3886_TH_R1_bottom.png
    LM3886_TH_R1_bottom.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 211
  • LM3886_TH_R1_bottomsilk.png
    LM3886_TH_R1_bottomsilk.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 196
  • LM3886_TH_R1_top.png
    LM3886_TH_R1_top.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 63
  • LM3886_TH_R1_topsilk.png
    LM3886_TH_R1_topsilk.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 68
  • MyGC TH BOM.pdf
    41 KB · Views: 60
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Schematic and BOM - SMT version

Attached are the schematic, PCB artwork and the BOM for the SMT version. Note that the inverting input must be grounded or driven by a low impedance source (e.g. a local opamp is ok but a long cable is not) to prevent instability.

Attachments

• LM3886_SMT_R1_sch.png
    LM3886_SMT_R1_sch.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 81
  • LM3886_SMT_R1_bottom.png
    LM3886_SMT_R1_bottom.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 84
  • LM3886_SMT_R1_bottomsilk.png
    LM3886_SMT_R1_bottomsilk.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 67
  • LM3886_SMT_R1_top.png
    LM3886_SMT_R1_top.png
    55 KB · Views: 55
  • LM3886_SMT_R1_topsilk.png
    LM3886_SMT_R1_topsilk.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 56
  • MyGC SMT BOM.pdf
    40.9 KB · Views: 66
Joined 2009
Paid Member
A note on power supply

The PCBs are designed to work from two isolated power supplies (e.g. 35V + 35V) connected by four wires (V+, PG+ for the positive rail, V-, PG- for the negative). They will work with a bipolar supply with a common connection shared by both rails (e.g. three wires V+, V-, COM), but the distortion will be higher.

For my tests, I used a 100VA 2x24V toroidal transformer and a ChipAmp.com PSU board, consisting of two 4x MUR820 bridge rectifiers and two 22,000uF filter capacitors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.