Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

FS: Seas Loki / Selah Audio MF7 - Speakers - MD/DC/VA Area
FS: Seas Loki / Selah Audio MF7 - Speakers - MD/DC/VA Area
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th June 2018, 01:48 AM   #1
Dkalsi is offline Dkalsi  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Seas Loki / Selah Audio MF7 - Speakers - MD/DC/VA Area

Available for sale are a pair of Seas Loki / Selah Audio MF 7 Speakers.
The cabinets were built by me using 1" thick baltic birch plywood. Given the thickness of the plywood and the desire to keep the baffle width same, my enclosures are just slightly deeper than original MF7 and Loki (which were built utilizing 3/4" material). Going off memory, I believe the speakers are 15" tall, 8" wide, and about 12.75" deep.

The cabinets are walnut veneered and super heavy. They are also window braced (which is overkill given the thickness of the building material).

They use the Seas Prestige T18-Rex drivers - which run about $400/pair. Instead going with the Seas Loki kit crossover, I opted to contact the Rich Craig of Selah Audio and get the MF7 version of the crossover - which has a more balanced presentation.

In my opinion, these speaker sound absolutely fantastic in a small room. I preferred the sound with the speakers placed close to the back wall. When I used these in my living room, where best sound was realized by pulling them in from the back wall, I preferred to supplement the sound with a small subwoofer. These play technically flat to 45hz. I would not recommend using a sub in small bedroom/office/listening space situation as there is plenty of bass to excite a small room. For larger room, I built a small matching subwoofer utilzing 1/2" baltic birch + same walnut veneer to go with these. If local and interested, I can include the subwoofer for an addition $125. The sub uses a pair of TangBand W5-1138SM drivers and old Klipsch plate amplifier. Contact me for more info on the sub.

I'm not sure what is a fair price when selling DIY speakers. The Seas Loki kit with cabinet will set you back $840 from Madisound. I believe the MF7 version of the speaker is more refined. And while I think the speakers were built to withstand a nuclear explosion, there a couple very minor veneer imperfections. Given that, I was thinking maybe $400/pair+shipping (from 20817) would be fair? That just the cost for the drivers, basically you will be getting the crossover (which set me back, cabinet built with 1" baltic birch and veneered with real wood walnut veneer), and all cabinet accessories (terminal cup, screws, damping, port, etc), and my labor free).

Don't prefer to but may consider trades.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SA MF-7-1.jpg (34.8 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg SA MF-7-2.jpg (35.9 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg SA MF-7-3.jpg (39.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 4th June 2018, 05:56 AM   #2
carlthess40 is offline carlthess40  United States
diyAudio Member

What kind of trades are you looking for?
Great looking work there on the speakers
Old 4th June 2018, 06:09 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks Carlthess.

I'm looking for some decent 6"/7"/8" woofers for my next build. Ideally, I would love to find a pair of SS 18W/8531Gs

I may be interested in other things - just PM me to share what you have in mind.

Thanks,
D
Old 4th June 2018, 06:08 PM   #4
bmwparts is offline bmwparts  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a pair of T18RE/XFCTV aka H1144, an earlier incarnation of these drivers in a set of enclosures nowhere near as nice as this. If you end up selling the drivers separately, let me know, I will buy the cabinets.
Old 7th June 2018, 07:04 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

bump.
  Reply to this post

FS: Seas Loki / Selah Audio MF7 - Speakers - MD/DC/VA AreaHide this!Advertise here!