• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

Wrapped up the SMDs on the main board this morning. Those little diodes are a hoot. They don't like to lay flat with the hot air machine, so you have to be creative with the tweezers, your magnifier, and the blower. An extra hand or two would have been handy.

Attachments

• IMG_4342.jpg
    IMG_4342.jpg
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_4343.jpg
    IMG_4343.jpg
    834.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4344.jpg
    IMG_4344.jpg
    849.6 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_4345.jpg
    IMG_4345.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_4346.jpg
    IMG_4346.jpg
    850.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_4348.jpg
    IMG_4348.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 116
Daniel, just to say thanks for your excellent service, your PCB's are lovely quality and very easy to build. Does my uController need the update flash? I'll buy the little widget.

Hi,
thank you very much for your feedback!
Your controller don’t need the update if you assemble the two external resistors.
If you are still interested in it, you are welcome to send me a PM.

@Chris: I :hbeat: your pictures and build guide.
What are you planning for 7x15 voltage regulators?
I recommend to use types like UWB2, Belleson, Sellarz...
My favorite are

SIGMA78 Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator +15V - Audiophonics

SIGMA79 Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator -15V - Audiophonics

Daniel

Last edited:
@Chris: I :hbeat: your pictures and build guide.
What are you planning for 7x15 voltage regulators?
I recommend to use types like UWB2, Belleson, Sellarz...
My favorite are

SIGMA78 Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator +15V - Audiophonics

SIGMA79 Low Noise LDO Voltage Regulator -15V - Audiophonics

Thank you very much! I appreciate it a lot. Others' building experiences have been very helpful to me, so I hope to return the favor. :)

I hadn't thought about anything special for the regulators, actually. I just picked up a set of ST Micro L7815CV/L7915CV from the usual electronics suppliers. I'll certainly give those other two a look. The quieter the better, no doubt!

Finished up the main boards today. Still some pondering how I plan to move audio in and out of this device given my unique configuration, so I've left a couple of the headers off until I figure out how I will make it work. Progress!

Attachments

• IMG_4386.jpg
    IMG_4386.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_4387.jpg
    IMG_4387.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_4391.jpg
    IMG_4391.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_4392.jpg
    IMG_4392.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 322
Hi Carsten,

Yes, I am building balanced. Which parts aren’t needed? Presume power supply? If so, I have a third board and will build as needed and use the other in a single-ended project.

Thanks for the catch!
~Chris

@Chris In Milwaukee,
didn't read all posts but one question, will build balanced?
If yes the lower main boards didn't need all parts ... if not you are one the right way. :)

Ah yes, I see that now. I didn’t make that connection until now. Now I get it. Is the power supply board expected to be in the middle layer, or can it be on the bottom?

Thank you for the reference. I’ll get that third board put together the right way. I was planning to use that extra board for another project. So I’m already ahead of the game. :D

Documentation Page 13.
I think Carsten habe some pictures?!

Of course, you need only a few parts on the second board.

From top to down .... (hopefully)

Sorry for the ranking of the pics. Please show to second pic, that ist only what you need for balanced. All comes from the "main" main board and all ist parallel.

[EDIT] not my day :-(

Attachments

• IMG_5275D_kl.jpg
    IMG_5275D_kl.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_5279D_kl.jpg
    IMG_5279D_kl.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_5276D_kl.jpg
    IMG_5276D_kl.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5278D_kl.jpg