• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Muses Volume

Features list for v2.0

• Mech. compatible to v1
• modern mcu (stm32)
• Infrared learning capabilities
• 0..-111,75dB in steps of 0,25/0,5/1/2dB
• Mute function
• Individually adjustable user parameter (volume step size, startup volume, balance, no. of input channels…)
• Balance
• +/-10…18V voltage supply
• 2,4,6,8 volume channels possible because volume boards can be cascaded
• optional 1..4 input channel
• optional analog potentiometer to adjust volume
• reduce distortion from mcu with deep sleep mode

2/3 of features are ready/tested. Documentation is “on the way”

I think I need around 2 month to complete the firmware. After that I will order a couple of boards.

I have only 5 kits of version 1 (for a special price) left.
I will be waiting impatiently and I hope to see it.
PS.
If I don't get vaccinated. :cool:

I am working hard in it ;)
Basic implementation done ✅
Next steps: optional input select, documentation, some layout improvements, optional mainboard with psu and relay input selector.

Easiest way: subscribe

Attachments

• 7FB9A271-79FE-434F-9E01-2B7E52C4805B.jpeg
    7FB9A271-79FE-434F-9E01-2B7E52C4805B.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 574
  • 90FF194D-BA5B-46DB-835E-A3555105E2F8.jpeg
    90FF194D-BA5B-46DB-835E-A3555105E2F8.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 573
Great work Meldano!

What is the projected price for these volume controls? What will be built / included? Is the programming already done?

I must confess a display option would have made the setting up much easier, but also to know where one stands re volume setting

A few notes on the excellent paper:
- The remote to use is unclear, but my understanding is it can't be a simple one as at least numbers are needed up to 9
- On my computer titles from 3. on appear at the end of a page, instead of being on the next page
- 3.1 title has a small typo with a double T

MFG

Claude

Last edited:
Hi Claude,

Thanks! :)

I thik, I will organize a group buy.
The price depends on pcb amount.

I already have a "big" solution with grafic oled and thousend other features.
The goal for project is a small, universal and smart device.

For normal control (vol up/down, input up/down, mute) you can use a small and simple remote control.
To setup the parameter you have to use any other remote from your TV or AVR.

The documentation is only a raw version to show the way ;)

Daniel

Last edited:
I bought some PCBs in a previous GB but they're still sitting in my desk drawer as I've been deterred by the smd soldering; I could manage it with a template to apply solder paste and then use an oven or hot-air station but not hand/eye soldering - age! For a chip amp project I'm working on I decided to get an Academy Audio module instead.

I'm sure others must be in a similar situation - is there any possibility of offering assembled versions of the new boards?

I bought some PCBs in a previous GB but they're still sitting in my desk drawer as I've been deterred by the smd soldering; I could manage it with a template to apply solder paste and then use an oven or hot-air station but not hand/eye soldering - age! For a chip amp project I'm working on I decided to get an Academy Audio module instead.

I'm sure others must be in a similar situation - is there any possibility of offering assembled versions of the new boards?

Send your pcb and parts to me and i can resend ready and tested.
No benefit.;)