• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: M2x daughter cards, type "TUCSON"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I ordered a whole bunch of extra Tucson PCBs and wish to sell them off.

These are removable "daughter cards" that hold an IC opamp input stage for the diyAudio First Watt amplifier named M2x.

You can stuff and solder Tucson using a thru-hole opamp. And/or you can stuff and solder Tucson using a surface mount SOIC-8 opamp. Some of the latest and greatest opamps, introduced after 2010, are only available in surface mount packages. Don't yell at me, yell at Analog Devices and Linear Technology and Burr Brown and Texas Instruments.

I imagine that people may want extra Tucson boards for a couple of reasons. (i) because they want to build 2 Tucson boards using thru-hole opamps, and another 2 Tucson boards using SMD opamps; (ii) because they made a terrible error when stuffing and soldering their Tucson boards, and now they need a do-over.

I ordered these extra boards from one of those super-cheap PCB fabs in China that achieves rock bottom prices by having extremely slow shipping. So I won't get my Tucson PCBs until ~ June 15th and won't be able to ship before then.

Price is $1.50 per board (maximum of 6 Tucson boards per customer) plus $5 per order if shipping inside USA, or plus $15 per order if shipping outside USA. Please read that sentence two or three times before posting a question. Sorry that the shipping rates are so high; I have no control of this. Payment will be via PayPal.

Add your diyAudio userId to the list below, if you want to buy some Tucson boards. First come first served unless the total quantity desired is gigantic. In that case I'll give preference to people who bought an M2x from me. People who want to buy Tucson boards but don't yet own an M2x -- you may get shoved to the end of the line. Kind of like "Legacy" admissions at Ivy League colleges.

Code:
DIYA_userid, #_PCBs_wanted
==========================
Mark Johnson, 2
(add your name here), nnn

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a whole bunch of extra Tucson PCBs and wish to sell them off.

These are removable "daughter cards" that hold an IC opamp input stage for the diyAudio First Watt amplifier named M2x.

You can stuff and solder Tucson using a thru-hole opamp. And/or you can stuff and solder Tucson using a surface mount SOIC-8 opamp. Some of the latest and greatest opamps, introduced after 2010, are only available in surface mount packages. Don't yell at me, yell at Analog Devices and Linear Technology and Burr Brown and Texas Instruments.

I imagine that people may want extra Tucson boards for a couple of reasons. (i) because they want to build 2 Tucson boards using thru-hole opamps, and another 2 Tucson boards using SMD opamps; (ii) because they made a terrible error when stuffing and soldering their Tucson boards, and now they need a do-over.

I ordered these extra boards from one of those super-cheap PCB fabs in China that achieves rock bottom prices by having extremely slow shipping. So I won't get my Tucson PCBs until ~ June 15th and won't be able to ship before then.

Price is $1.50 per board (maximum of 6 Tucson boards per customer) plus $5 per order if shipping inside USA, or plus $15 per order if shipping outside USA. Please read that sentence two or three times before posting a question. Sorry that the shipping rates are so high; I have no control of this. Payment will be via PayPal.

Add your diyAudio userId to the list below, if you want to buy some Tucson boards. First come first served unless the total quantity desired is gigantic. In that case I'll give preference to people who bought an M2x from me. People who want to buy Tucson boards but don't yet own an M2x -- you may get shoved to the end of the line. Kind of like "Legacy" admissions at Ivy League colleges.

Code:
Mark Johnson, 2
flocchini, 4

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Honestly I am puzzled why anyone would request fewer than 6 boards, the extra cost is so tiny. Harking back to Econ 101, it seems to me that the Marginal Utility of the sixth board is greater than the Marginal Cost ($1.50). Yes there will be more than 6x6 Tucson boards available around June 15th.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Honestly I am puzzled why anyone would request fewer than 6 boards, the extra cost is so tiny. Harking back to Econ 101, it seems to me that the Marginal Utility of the sixth board is greater than the Marginal Cost ($1.50). Yes there will be more than 6x6 Tucson boards available around June 15th.

Make it then 6 boards for me :)

Mark Johnson, 2
flocchini, 4
vvs07, 6
wcwc, 4
nycavsr2000, 2
Blk Dynamite, 6

Joined 2011
Paid Member
NO MORE FOR SALE. NO MORE FOR SALE. NO MORE FOR SALE.

NO MORE FOR SALE. NO MORE FOR SALE. NO MORE FOR SALE.

Finally! Here we are on 16 June, the end date of the Tucson extra board sale. Thanks to the 2nd round of full M2x boardset orders+shipments, I regret to announce that I have only 38 remaining Tucson boards. But you guys want 9x6 = 54 boards.

So what I'm going to do, with apologies, is to ship only four (not six) Tucson boards, to each buyer. If you want even more, start up a Wanted To Buy ("WTB") thread here in the Swap Meet.

Price for 4 Tucson boards, including shipping, is $11 domestic, $21 international. If you've deleted my earlier private message with Paypal info, from when you bought your M2x, let me know and I'll send another one.

Immediately after everyone has performed their PayPal transfer, I'll ship the Tucson boards. Domestic bubble mailer will be smaller than before; International will be the same large size to accommodate the Customs stickers.

If anyone cancels their order, I'll distribute those Tucson boards at random to other buyers, for free. But, come on, who would cancel a piddly $21 order for hobby supplies?

Thanks for helping me unload excess inventory,
Mark Johnson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.