• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Phono Cartridge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm looking for a nice phono cartridge suitable for a low to medium mass tonearm (9.5g effective mass) and with considerable compliance. I could add weighted shims to the arm if something heavier would be called for though.

I currently have a Shure V15-III with a HE needle, a Grado Prestige Gold and a Pickering XLZ/3500e, the latter is running off a step up transformer. I'd be looking for something equally nice or nicer. MM, MC, MI, I'm open for anything.

Shipping would have to be to Austria.

Thanks for looking!

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Just throwing this out there...I have a used and abused Shelter 501 MK II. The cantilever is slightly tweaked to the left, It still played nicely though. And then it was dropped making my last cartridge change, and I'm not sure how this effected it. It's actually good candidate for a rebuild. It can be yours for the cost of shipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.