Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

WTB: Phono Cartridge
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2018, 09:06 PM   #1
Rodeodave is offline Rodeodave  Austria
hates ground loops
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: Phono Cartridge

I'm looking for a nice phono cartridge suitable for a low to medium mass tonearm (9.5g effective mass) and with considerable compliance. I could add weighted shims to the arm if something heavier would be called for though.

I currently have a Shure V15-III with a HE needle, a Grado Prestige Gold and a Pickering XLZ/3500e, the latter is running off a step up transformer. I'd be looking for something equally nice or nicer. MM, MC, MI, I'm open for anything.

Shipping would have to be to Austria.

Thanks for looking!
Old 17th April 2018, 05:31 AM   #2
gigigirl is offline gigigirl
diyAudio Member

Default Denon DL-109

Hi, I have a 109 MM cartridge, looking for 200 Euro for it, about 10 Euro for shipping. exc condition.

From Vinyl Engine

TheFast – Vinyl Engine
One of the best cartridges ever made. For me better than my DL-S1 (in 1992 cost $750). Very difficult to find.

Chanki88 – Vinyl Engine
If you find one, buy it . You will keep it for life. It is one of the best in Denon even compare with their MC .

Cheers
Old 17th April 2018, 09:02 AM   #3
KevinHeem is offline KevinHeem  United States
diyAudio Member

Just throwing this out there...I have a used and abused Shelter 501 MK II. The cantilever is slightly tweaked to the left, It still played nicely though. And then it was dropped making my last cartridge change, and I'm not sure how this effected it. It's actually good candidate for a rebuild. It can be yours for the cost of shipping.
Old 17th April 2018, 12:47 PM   #4
cygnus x1 is offline cygnus x1  United States
diyAudio Member

If the original poster doesn't take it, I will. I'm in Caledonia, MI.
Old 17th April 2018, 11:52 PM   #5
gigigirl is offline gigigirl
diyAudio Member

Default Denon DL-109

Hi Attached are the photos of the 109, Bought 2 a few years ago from a guy in japan while I was developing my tonearm. Sold one last year & now decided to let the other one go.
Couple more reviews i found.

Montesquieu
Soundstage and overall refinement is ahead of the Shibata-tipped 103, but some way short of the Miyajima Shilabe (UK retail £2450), as you'd expect ... it's not a miracle - in particular it's a shade narrower. But it's lovely and musical, certainly a good bit ahead of the 103. Balance top to bottom is great, with plenty of sparkle but no shrillness, and the oomph goes all the way down to the low frequencies. It's probably the most low-compliance MM cartridge I've ever come across and seems extremely happy in a 20g FR headshell on the FR64 (though I did have to wind back the VTF a bit on the arm). Not many MM cartridges can do that! Worth picking one up if you can find one.

tabarddn
This cartridge is considered by many people as being one of the top 10 MM cartridges ever built. My god, this is one hell of a cartridge, bass slam is very impressive, sound stage is about the same as the OM30 and that is good. Tracking is very good and detail retrieval was amazing, I am hearing stuff on very familiar recordings that i have never hear before. Slight down side is that it is very fast, maybe to fast for my taste, so i decided to trow in my upgraded EAR 834 clone into the mix. Holy God is this a fantastic 4 way combination, the Lenco, Temaad Arm, Denon 109 & EAR 834 clone work amazingly well together. I gained more musicality, nothing was lost, infact bass slam was more impactful (who said the 843 can't do bass) and the greatest thing was that on my favorite recording the tingle factor increased.

This one is a 109R
Denon
DL109 R
Denon DL109

review this cartridge
rate/review
1975 $90

Type moving magnet
Output Voltage 3mv
Frequency Response 20Hz - 35kHz
Tracking Force 1.5 - 2.1g
Mass 7.5g
Load 47k ohms
Stylus DSN-36
Stylus Tip spherical
Dynamic Compliance 9 x 10-6cm

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03323.jpg (769.4 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03324.jpg (322.3 KB, 90 views)
Old 18th April 2018, 02:01 PM   #6
Tarasque is offline Tarasque  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Have a Ortofon Rohman MC laying around. This is a new and unused cart in original packaging. This is a very rare cart produced in limited quantities.
Looking for 800 euro's (was 1400 retail)
Old 18th April 2018, 03:12 PM   #7
IZHAKKATZ is offline IZHAKKATZ  Israel
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I have an new unused DL 103 missing the half part of the cantilever that holds the diamond.
Would be great for retiping.
I'm looking for $50 + $15 for shipping

WTB: Phono CartridgeHide this!Advertise here!