• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Firstwatt F3 clone PCB

F3 PCB mounting holes -Universal vs previous F2j pattern

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes of course, but I think Germany should not be the first country for "landing" of the pcb.
Last impressions of the customs in Berlin (not the parcel from kinku) was that I had to pay tax not only for my pcb, I had to pay for all sets + shipping.
Here in Germany you pay for the amount off all plus the shipping costs (round 20%). Payed sum for pcb and shipping 100€ and then you pay at the custom another 20€ tax!

In Croatia is even worse. It's around 15€ for administration and 25% of tax on top of all.

Regards,

Ha Bespav how Isbthat going to make it different? If you make use of a house in Europe they will charge you crazy. If you go Chinese they will charge you tax anyway.
Plus this is not a free venture , I have to pay someone to do it. You can assume how much a professional will charge me for 3-4 hours. Though I know him I don’t think it is fare to ask for free hours.
Sorry no plans for smaller board. People in this sale page are not proponents of small is beautiful I believe. Anyone can design them as small or large. But my design purpose has already been clarified.
To be honest you can make it in a perf board and should work. But that is not the idea here :)

Last edited:
Morning,
if all will fail for another "landing place" ... i will do it for EU but it takes me one hour to the customs and one hour back to him, time for waiting comes also to this.
All tax and shipping costs, envelopes and so on must be shared an a handling fees is mutch welcome for doing because two person on my last group buy paid the costs on the € cent exactly and wants back the to mutch payed shipping costs (0,60€). :-|

What would be the actuel count for EU and what is now the price for one set?

Carsten , I don’t know how many actually want them now ,other than people expressed interest again .I believe demand is low.
It is less than 10 I guess, with most demand in US. So not sure how much will be the final cost. It will be around 50-60$ per set of three boards for small production.

Last edited:
I´m asking then I´ve starting for along time ago EAGLE PCB for PASS F3 Clone (UMS compliant). Not finished yet (thinking 2 days workload).

With Mr. Pass and @kinku´s agreement and if someone want to order PCB´s, I´ll finish job and provide manufacturing datas: no modification in the mosfets placement.

P.S.: PCBWay 248x98x2mm, 70µm, HASL --> 147$ for 10 with shipping to Germany; +19% tax --> 207.06$ or 21$ for pair!

JP

Attachments

• PASS-F3-CLONE.png
    PASS-F3-CLONE.png
    716.9 KB · Views: 238
I don’t think that layout is the one I am interested in Persuing. I guess you are not in small is beautiful group. But layout involves much more than placing components around.
Plus all my designs are led free HASL and 2 Oz PCB traces.
Like I said if you want a professionally designed PCB it will cost money. I can make boards much cheaper than you quoted but designing involves money.

Last edited:
JPS64, I don’t know your back ground. If you believe you can match a professional that design multilayer PCB for aerospace sure why not give a try and see how it goes.
But I am doing this with everything within my limit optimized so that I am not looking for issues tonteouble shoot. Like someone said most of the time even wiring components directly together works. But for me it is simple leave things to people who know what they are doing.
I will do the soldering part. It will make my life easy !
I learned my lesson from last PCB design which I partially did then asked for his help. It took much more time and effort to fix the issues. It turned out well.

I am not assuming you are an Ameture by any means, but I just know my designer and trust him.

I´m asking then I´ve starting for along time ago EAGLE PCB for PASS F3 Clone (UMS compliant). Not finished yet (thinking 2 days workload).

With Mr. Pass and @kinku´s agreement and if someone want to order PCB´s, I´ll finish job and provide manufacturing datas: no modification in the mosfets placement.

P.S.: PCBWay 248x98x2mm, 70µm, HASL --> 147$ for 10 with shipping to Germany; +19% tax --> 207.06$ or 21$ for pair!

JP

Very nice work JP.

I was wondering where did you disappear ?
Meanwhile did you source those semisouth JFEts from that supplier for cheap? ;)
Why don’t you order few PCBs from JPS64 and make an amp. I will wait and if it turns out good I will get myself some from him and save designer friend and some cash.

Since no F3 pcb were available I had to order some from Jim’s Audio on e-bay

Attachments

• 4F8AB083-50BF-41CA-8FF7-8C5C68990FBC.jpeg
    4F8AB083-50BF-41CA-8FF7-8C5C68990FBC.jpeg
    645.7 KB · Views: 247
Sure, make the amp and let us know! Why did I feel you have something like that to show here when I saw your post.
Always you will have an alternative option for my sale posts but still not sure it is the best option . Pretty ameture layout it looks. Well you can skin the cat in multiple ways!!!