• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: The Wire headphone SE-SE headphone amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier

A few things about this implementation of “The Wire”:

1. It is set up with all 1K resistor (instead of the 10k), which gives a 1.8x gain.
  2. Case is built of Cheery wood stained and top is removable (4 side screws) for easy access
  3. Professionally built. Used Neutrik RCA for inputs and Neutrik NJ3FP6C-B securely locking chassis phone jack for output. Used a 5 mil copper foil glued to the bottom plate (FR4 material) and connected to the earth ground.
  4. 110v.
  5. Dimensions are 11"x 5"x 4" (D x W x H).

And two more important notes for those who are not familiar with “The Wire”:

1. Please be aware that it’s a fixed-gain amp. There’s a constant debate about the merits of analogue vs. digital volume control. Owen prefers volume to be controlled digitally and hence the design.
  2. Also aware that the inputs cannot take DC offset at all. There is no isolation; signal goes directly from the RCA to the input of the OP amp. What it means is that it will not work with all sources.

Because of the above, and because the only source of mine that does work is my Denon, I sell this as a combo elsewhere (like at head-fi.org), together with the Denon. But seeing that diyaudio members should know what they are doing, I am open to sell the amp on its own, without the Denon dac. Be warned, though. This amp does not take DC offset at all; indeed, it burnt a few dacs of mine (a noob here, sorry).

Price for the amp alone is $275 (pm me for combo deal together with the DAC). Buyer pays shipping. Payment by PayPal, and I would like my buyer to cover PP fee and shipping insurance if it’s made by PP Goods & Services.

I have done a lot of trades with 100+ feedback at fleabay. Please PM me if you want to see for reference.

9949217.jpg
9949216_thumb.jpg
9949217_thumb.jpg
9949219_thumb.jpg
9949220_thumb.jpg
9949221_thumb.jpg
9949225_thumb.jpg
9949226_thumb.jpg
9949227_thumb.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.