• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Noble Pots, 50K Dual for sale (the good one)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The previous thread on these was getting kind of busy so here is a new one.

I had about 60 of these leftover from a contract job of many years ago. I have sold 45 of them here at DIY in the last few weeks and there are currently 15 up for grabs.

They are Noble, 50K, Dual, Audio Taper, D Shaft, 31 Detents, Metal Case, PC mount. Includes washer and nut. These are new "audiophile" quality pots and have a nice smooth feel to them.

See photo:

http://www.kbacoustics.com/images/mynobelpots2.jpg

The fourth terminal is unconnected - it is NOT a loudness tap.

The price is $20 each.

Shipping is as follows:

U.S. and Canada - $4 uninsured for up to 4 pots.

Overseas (Down Under, Europe, Asia)
$7 uninsured for up to 2 pots.

$17 insured for up to 2 pots. Since the value must be declared for insurance it is self defeating for you to ask that I underdeclare on the customs form.

I can take paypal.

If there are any questions or to check on current availability, email me.

Bill Fitzpatrick said:
Thanks Bill. It's nice to have all the info in one spot now.

You're welcome. :D

By the way, you say they have a D shaft, but the photo shows what I'd call a slotted shaft (a D shaft to me is one with half the shaft flatted). Is the shaft shown in the photo what you're calling a D shaft?

Oh, and do you know what the indexing angle is for the detents?

Thanks.

se

I don't remember where that photo came from. I didn't take it. It's the same pot, just a different shaft. The photo is reversed left to right as well- must have happened in the transporter; lucky it didn't turn it inside out as well. The pots I'm offering do have a D shaft, not slotted.

My best guess on the indexing angle is 10 degrees.

Thanks for testing me on my shaft identification skills.

Bill Fitzpatrick said:
I don't remember where that photo came from. I didn't take it. It's the same pot, just a different shaft. The photo is reversed left to right as well- must have happened in the transporter; lucky it didn't turn it inside out as well. The pots I'm offering do have a D shaft, not slotted.

I was afraid of that. I hate D shafts. Oh well. My fault for assuming the photograph was of the actual pots you were selling.

My best guess on the indexing angle is 10 degrees.

Thanks. I need to know exactly what it is though. I think we still have an old Noble catalog over at Coda. If not I'll try Michael Percy.

Thanks for testing me on my shaft identification skills.

You're welcome. You passed with flying colors. DAMN IT! :)

se

To avoid any more confusion due to the other photograph, here's the real deal which just arrived this afternoon. Thanks, Bill!

The terminals were a bit gunky after sitting around for so long but with a vinyl eraser and a little patience (be careful, the terminals bend rather easily) they cleaned up quite nicely.

The shaft by the way is 6mm, not 1/4" so there will be a little slop if you use a 1/4" knob rather than a 6mm knob.

se

Attachments

• noblepot.jpg
    noblepot.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 612
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.