• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014D

Telstar you reminds me of someone whom posted few days ago , 5 pieces for 50$.
You can keep those matched Jfets for now. Papa's designs using Lu1014D does not require matched JFEts.
In case you know another design that uses them matched please share with us. ;)

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Hi Kinku

This might be a little off topic...but it relates to a common use of these transistors I think. Has there been any mention of some F3 boards being made up in the store or otherwise? I did a quick search and it seems like the last group buy activity was around 2008 involving Tea Bag and Peter Daniels. I’m not in a rush as now I have your nice boards for the F2 to begin. Since I’ll have these transistors, and I am building an active multi amp system, it would be nice to have boards for these.

Hi Kinku

This might be a little off topic...but it relates to a common use of these transistors I think. Has there been any mention of some F3 boards being made up in the store or otherwise? I did a quick search and it seems like the last group buy activity was around 2008 involving Tea Bag and Peter Daniels. I’m not in a rush as now I have your nice boards for the F2 to begin. Since I’ll have these transistors, and I am building an active multi amp system, it would be nice to have boards for these.

You could etch your own, see here for F3/ZV9. Unless a kind samaritain is willing to recreate the pcb and share the Gerber files.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/219893-wanted-f3-pcb-anyone.html#post3269055

The pcb could be modified slightly to be 100mm x 100mm max (now 103mm) and makes us save a nice chunk with pcb house like PCBway.

BR
Eric

Last edited:
An F3 is in the process but defenitely can not be made for free from my end. I make it with the help of a friend who is a designer who designs it for me. Papa also never gave me permission to make them for sale( I sold 5-6 of them to recover the money ). So if there is enough interest and Papa allows, I can ask my friend for F3. It will also bring price of PCB down. The price for boards is not much but the effort to make it is costly man hours!
I know Peter Daniel makes nice boards but I am not sure the positioning of those FET and resistors are ideal for heat dissipation. I heard from a couple of people with damage to boards from heat over time.
That is one of the reasons I made those F2 boards.( second he was not selling them any more)
Issues with my design expensive to ship as they are long and you need to have two seperate boards for each Channel. Everything is evenly placed so there are no heat island but fit within 4u Chassis.
I checked temperature on fets and heatsink yesterday 58 degree on a small area between two fets but everywhere else it was 45-48 after running for 2 hours( DIYaudio store)

Last edited:
Ok e_fortier ,did you get that deal on semisouth Jfet yet!
I know many who does for free. I said what I do, in response to the question.
And I don't know if any class A design with even heat distribution that fit inside a 10sq cm board. At least not from Papa.

Last edited:
Ok e_fortier ,did you get that deal on semisouth Jfet yet!
I know many who does for free. I said what I do, in response to the question.
And I don't know if any class A design with even heat distribution that fit inside a 10sq cm board. At least not from Papa.

Have a look at ACA...smaller than 10sq cm and Class A from Papa.

I do prefer pcb that are longer like the one you just did for your F2J, nice work.

I ain’t looking for Semisouth anymore, moved on to other projects.
BR
Eric

Don't we all do that. Difference being some never get anything done and move on and some does make something and then move on!
Well do something and feel how difficult it is before you show up time to time with these cheaper options. ;)
ACA dissipates different heat than an F2. That also makes a difference. Priorities differ when we make our own design.
Papa makes long boards for his Firstwatt designs for a reason , right?
Also how do you know which is better unless you hear it!
But then there is DIY options you can select by your own ,they all work. Even Peter Daniels board worked as long as it did. That is not the point here.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Thanks for the link to the thread with the F3 layouts e_fortier...saved the PDFs just in case my heads in the sand again if/when F3 boards surface. My search skills stink.

I was wondering if one couldn’t just solder leg extensions onto the JFETs to mount them remotely from the PCB if better heat distribution was desired? I did that with the irf240/9240 on my DCB1 so they could be mounted on some heat sinks I fabricated for them. It works fine.

I always prefer to be building rather than obsessing and hording more projects on here all the time. I just happen to be decompressing and finally enjoying some analog playback on my turntable after its 9 month absence. My OCD turned it into a major resto-mod project.

Zen I have no idea what the LuDEF actually is. I suspect the info is somewhere in the DEFiSIT thread? I try to stay in the kiddie pool when it comes to taking on amp projects.

You could etch your own, see here for F3/ZV9. Unless a kind samaritain is willing to recreate the pcb and share the Gerber files.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/219893-wanted-f3-pcb-anyone.html#post3269055

The pcb could be modified slightly to be 100mm x 100mm max (now 103mm) and makes us save a nice chunk with pcb house like PCBway.

BR
Eric

I would be interested in a Zv9 pair of boards, if someone wants to do a GB. What are the thoughts around diyaudio making boards available on the diyaudio store?

Well if you want the version on that pdf ask Prasi. If you want a well designed one may be DIYaudio guys can help. If there is enough interest I can ask my designer friend. Again you have to remember we don't want to offend our great Papa by copying his products.
I went for my F2 board after an extensive search so I can skip the designing part. I am happy with it( second harmonic rich sound).
I may make an F3 in the future though. So yes I am on it if anyone can arrange it.

Last edited: