• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aspen GK-2 Preamplifier For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Aspen GK-2 Preamp

I am putting it up for sale my Aspen GK-2 Preamplifier that I have had in use in my Australian audio system for several years. However I have changed the system configuration now and no longer require the preamp.

The GK-2 preamp was developed in 2011 in coordination with Hugh. Hugh did the design and I did the prototype and testing. Work on this phase was completed in September of that year. Hugh decided to not put the design into major production, opting only for making up a few test units. I designed my own boards for my own use and completed 2 units for use in my two audio systems.

The preamp features 10 decibels of gain in a unique gain stage circuit followed by an updated tube buffer stage that was first developed for the GK-1 preamplifier. The gain stage is very transparent and competes well with, well, any preamp out there.
In my own audio system, the preamp is completely silent, silent as death.

Features of this particular preamp include Amperex 7308 tubes (purchased from Vintage Tube Services in 2005), Sonic Platinum input capacitor, Modwright OIMP output capacitor, Goldpoint mono attenuators, Wima film capacitors, specially selected electrolytic caps, all PRP resistors, Cardas GRFA rca connectors and Jena Labs signal wiring. Please note that footprints for the input and output capacitors are fairly large so that these capacitors can easily be swapped for other suitable capacitors, should that be desired.

Preamp is housed in an Altronics Deluxe 2U case with everything neatly internal with no exposed tubes.

I have configured the preamp with a single input and two outputs. However there are pilot holes in the case for additional inputs, should those be desired. And the unit can easily be reconfigurated for multiple inputs by a small amount of rewiring and the addition of a selector switch.

Please note that because of the way I designed the board this is not a drop in replacement for the exposed tube design of the GK-1 board.

I have posted some pics of the tubes and the circuit board.

I would much prefer a local sale in Victoria, where I can personally deliver the unit. I am located in Ballarat, Victoria. However Australia wide shipping is possible.

If you are interested, please send a PM and we can discuss things.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 414
  • Inside looking to the front panel.jpg
    Inside looking to the front panel.jpg
    980.2 KB · Views: 403
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.