• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

R-Theta 65340 12" Heatsink Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Click on link to go directly to Wikki.

R-Theta 65340 Heat Sink Canadian Group Buy

12" Finished, Black Anodized Extrusion for $52.50 CAD plus 15% taxes. Local pickup available in Mississauga, shipping approximately $1 per pound. Each 12" piece is 11 pounds.

R-Theta will ship to the US from the Buffalo warehouse.

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• 65340_0001.jpg
    65340_0001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,071
thomas997 said:
What method of shipping are they using to get it to Canada.

Im sure you know, but if they use UPS you will get screwed at the border.

UPS = up to 50% in brokerage fees/duties/etc.

USPS= 5$ plus canadian tax

others = ?

There would be no brokerage charges, Canadian orders ship from Mississauga Ontario and US orders would ship from Buffalo New York.

Regards

Anthony

US order costs?

Since they are willing to ship to the US from their Buffalo warehouse, what would the total charge be for US orders? The $52.50 CAN converts to about $39.68 US, and I assume there wouldn't be the 15% tax charge. Is this correct?

Also if the shipping charge is in CAD, would the $1 per pound end up being $.76 US. Resulting in shipping being around $8.36.

So with shipping, the US total would be around $39.68 + $8.36 = $48.04 US????

Thank you!

tommak

Re: US order costs?

tommak said:
Since they are willing to ship to the US from their Buffalo warehouse, what would the total charge be for US orders? The $52.50 CAN converts to about $39.68 US, and I assume there wouldn't be the 15% tax charge. Is this correct?

Also if the shipping charge is in CAD, would the $1 per pound end up being $.76 US. Resulting in shipping being around $8.36.

So with shipping, the US total would be around $39.68 + $8.36 = $48.04 US????

Thank you!

tommak

I believe you are correct Tommak, I will check on the shipping cost though and let you know.

Anthony

grataku said:
Last year UPS shipping to the US was not all that expensive, I paid like 40 bucks for 8 heatsinks that came in 2 huge boxes.

There are no custom charges since it's all taken care by Rtheta.
Go ahead and contact Theresa from rtheta.

Yes I am still waiting to hear from Theresa, I also have her working on Brian's quote.

Anthony

grataku said:
Last year UPS shipping to the US was not all that expensive, I paid like 40 bucks for 8 heatsinks that came in 2 huge boxes.

There are no custom charges since it's all taken care by Rtheta.
Go ahead and contact Theresa from rtheta.

I will actually be picking up the heat sinks for out of towners and sending the parcels via Parcel Post. I calculated that 44 pounds or 4 Heat sinks would cost $34 CAD to Vancouver or $66 CAD to California.

Given that these sections are a little heavier than last year and $66 CAD = $51 US, and Postal packages involve very little or no brokerage, this is still a good deal for US members.

In fact Mid West Us and southern US states, would get a rate for the same package of about $30 US. Which is much closer to Grataku's price of $5 per Heat sink.

Anthony

Here is the quote for a 4" length of this profile, the quote covers single piece up to 50 piece quantities. Orders of course can be combined to take advantage of the price break. A sepereate Wikki should be started if there is enough interest in the smaller section. There is a $50 setup charge per order whether it is 1 or 50 being ordered.

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• 65340-4b.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 80
Coulomb said:

R-Theta will ship to the US from the Buffalo warehouse.

Coulomb said:

I will actually be picking up the heat sinks for out of towners and sending the parcels via Parcel Post. I calculated that 44 pounds or 4 Heat sinks would cost $34 CAD to Vancouver or $66 CAD to California.

Given that these sections are a little heavier than last year and $66 CAD = $51 US, and Postal packages involve very little or no brokerage, this is still a good deal for US members.

In fact Mid West Us and southern US states, would get a rate for the same package of about $30 US. Which is much closer to Grataku's price of $5 per Heat sink.

Anthony

I'm still a little confused about the comments above from two previous posts. Would the heatsinks to the US still be sent from the Buffalo warehouse to avoid any customs fees? If so, did RTheta say what the shipping would cost, or how we could find out which shipper they use ( UPS, USPS, FedEx, ... ) and how to determine the shipping cost ( Such as using "weight" on one of the shipper's web sites? )

Also are the quotes in $ CAD or US? And, would we be getting the 60 for $48.83 or 50 for $52.30 or one of the others? I don't understand the differences for the quote of QTY of 12 & 60 versus the 1, 10, 25, & 50? Anybody know what "surface flycutting" is?

Thank you!

tommak

I spoke with Theresa and she told me that the product is produced in Canada so it has to be shipped to the US Rep for Distribution. She said any Duties or taxes incurred are the responsibility of the purchaser.

For this reason I decided it would be easier to ship them to the US myself via Parcel Post Ground.

All the prices for the Heat sinks are in $CAD, we are trying to hit the 50 Piece target where 12" finished is $52.50 CAD. There is a $50 setup charge that everyone will share, as an example 10 buyers $5 ea. 5 buyers $10 ea. etc.

The shipping charges are also in $CAD.

I hope this clears the air a little.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.