• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 single driver horn speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you have wanted to own a single driver, crossover free horn speaker at a great price point ($350), here is your chance. For sale is a pair of well kept, from a smoke free environment Frugel-Horn Mk3's.

These speakers are relatively sensitive at dB/2.83v rated 88dB. This means that most if not all solid state amps will easily drive them, and, most lower powered tube amps will as well. My 4 watt per side OTL amp cleanly rocks the house with these speakers.:D Nice for both vinyl and digital source rigs. Like any full range speaker they can be used with a crossover adjustable subwoofer if desired.

These Frugel-Horns are equipped with matched Fostex FF125wk drivers, customized by Planet-10 Hifi. Driver cones are burgundy with grey flecks. Driver and enclosure color compliment each other nicely, as the speaker enclosures are white ash stained with red elm, which is a mid range wood tone.
Dimensions: ~35" tall, 18" deep, 7" wide at their largest points not including the foot spikes.

For more information regarding the speakers see
For more information regarding the drivers see [url=http://www.planet10-hifi.com/FF125wKeN.html]

The speakers were kit built and are 3 years old.There are several minor build finish imperfections, that have not prevented me from using these with pride: they are not top coated with poly, accordingly the finish is unsandeded stained ash without a glossy topcoat; slightly overzealous clamping left a 1/4" X 1/2" impression on top of one speaker--only noticeable when standing directly over the speaker; and one foot plate for spikes mounted ~2 degrees off axis.

Local pick up in Bloomington Indiana only. Shipping costs vs asking price are too disproportionately high. *I will not ship*.

Though not preferred, I might be willing to travel to meet halfway, under correct circumstances, i.e. within reasonable distance, etc.

Payment via PayPal.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Frugal-Horn Mk3's single driver horn speakers SOLD

Dave, thanks for posting up the specs for the drivers!

I provided the buyer the original boxes for the drivers which had the original paper copy of the specs.

The speakers are now in the hands of the happy buyer!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.