• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: NOS Genuine Toshiba JFETs 2SK170BL // 2SJ74BL Matched Pairs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SOLD: NOS Genuine Toshiba JFETs 2SK170BL // 2SJ74BL Matched Pairs

Sets available: none

Up for sale are IDSS matched pairs of genuine Toshiba 2SJ74BL & 2SK170BL that you can use for e.g. the Nelson Pass Sony VFET amplifier or the Nelson Pass B1 rev. 2 buffer linestage. :D

Each set contains two pairs, totally 4 JFETs.
I’ve only 12 sets on sale. First come, first served.

The sets are matched from a bag (100 pcs) of genuine Toshiba JFETs 2SJ74 BL grade and were bought from BDent back in 2010.
I’ve attached a copy of the invoice for my purchase.
Provided is a sample measurement to prove they are within the specs. Measured using a Peak Electronic Atlas DCA75 Pro.
Diameter: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/241642-mystery-sj74-jfets-3.html#post4950750

The genuine 2SK170 BL grade were bought from either Newark, Farnell, Mouser or Digikey, I can’t remember.
I’ve no invoice copy for the purchase. The bag contained 200 pieces.
Provided is a sample measurement to prove they are within the specs.

I’ve matched them with a very simple rig as suggested by Nelson Pass on passdiy.com.
First I made a course and fast measurement to put them into groups.
The groups were then measured to obtain a more accurate measurement the given day at the given temperature.
Finally I cherry picked JFETs from the groups and made a final measuring of the pairs. The measurement were made when the current settled on my measuring device (multimeter).

Before you ask: ‘will you curve trace sets for me?’ :D
Sorry, no, too time consuming and not really worth the effort. ;)
If IDSS matching is good enough for Nelson Pass, IDSS matching is good enough for me.

The measurements in the provided table are conservative to avoid having you kicking my a** for not being 110% accurate. And you know that the measurements were made with my measurement gear not calibrated to the tenth digit, measured in my house at a temperature that specific day and so on. :rolleyes: So the measurements are relative to each other more than specific accurate current values. Okay? ;)

PRICING world wide shipping & paypal fee included:

Each set (2x J74 + 2x K170) is EUR 42 / 45 USD.

For track and trace information add 11.30 USD.

Payment via PayPal, please pay in USD.

Have a look at the attached PDF file 'J74-K170 matched pairs' and PM me the reference number for the prefered set(s) you are interested in, e.g. ‘SET #1’ and the name of your country.
First come, first served.

I’ll then send you a total for the two shipping options, my PayPal address and mark the set reserved for you if available. Otherwise I'll offer you another available set close to the one you selected.

Attachments

• 01 J74 specs.png
    01 J74 specs.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 923
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 07 2SJ74SALES copy.png
    07 2SJ74SALES copy.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 910
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 916
  • 03 J74.png
    03 J74.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 911
  • 02 J74 data.png
    02 J74 data.png
    30 KB · Views: 919
  • J74-K170 matched pairs.pdf
    29.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.