• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mercury(?) relay boards for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have for sale 3 HP data aquisition boards for sale. Each board has a total of 16 SPDT relays that I believe are mercury relays (although I'm not taking them apart to find out for sure!). The boards are HP 03497-66514 boards, and two of them use Fujitsu FMR-878D10/1CS relays, and one uses NEC MSP-510N relays.

I have search the web and haven't found anything, so here's why I think they are mercury relays: First, they are marked with an arrow pointing up, which is typical of mercury relays (not counting Hg-wetted reed relays), and second, it sounds like there is mercury in them when you shake them.

It looks like the drive voltage is 5V, and they may have internal catch diodes since I don't see any external ones. I have spot-checked a few relays to verify SPDT operation and 5V coils, and have checked that all the relays at least click with 5V applied to the coil.

Beyond that, I do not plan on doing additional testing. However, the boards look clean and came out of a well treated DAQ system, so I suspect they are in good shape. I'm asking $25.00USD or each board or $60USD for all three.

These would make fine relays for that low-noise preamp, which is why I hung onto them. Alas, they have sat on a shelf for three years, so I hope they may go onto a better life.

US only please, cashiers check, money order, or paypal.

Best regards,
John

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 268
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.