Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

OPPO BDP-105 with linear power supply and modifications
OPPO BDP-105 with linear power supply and modifications
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th October 2016, 03:21 PM   #1
eganz1 is offline eganz1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default OPPO BDP-105 with linear power supply and modifications

modified OPPO-105 with linear power supply for sale.

this unit offers legendary price to performance ratio, and is excellent even without modifications. you can read the numerous reviews online.

This unit has been substantially modified to improve the audio quality. I am asking $950.

The following modifications been made by me:
linear power supply (Oppomod)
Remove output coupling capacitors
disconnect multichannel board ( so multichannel analog outputs not active).
additional bypassing of Sabre chip
internal damping added
internal shielding added and grounded.

I can also provide an upgraded wireworld power cord for an additional fee.

the unit works very well as a streamer Using Wi-Fi.

Unit is in good condition, and is lightly used, There are some small blemishes on the top of the unit (Small 2" x 3/4" area of paint has been damaged on top case). Occasional very tiny scratches sides.
note that due to the removal of the output coupling capacitors, the unit is truly DC coupled, and so should be handled with appropriate care.

These modifications reduce the noise level and improve the audio quality from the main audio outputs.
One limitation of the linear power supply is that the input voltage must be 110 V AC or more.
Please contact me for more information or for more detailed photographs.
(these modifications and others were discussed in the extensive DIY forum on this machine see here: Oppo's BDP105 - discussions, upgrading, mods... )

You can contact me directly, and I have listed this on audiogon

Last edited by eganz1; 1st November 2016 at 10:55 PM. Reason: price change

OPPO BDP-105 with linear power supply and modificationsHide this!Advertise here!