• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Nelson Pass "CSX1/2" "Buffered F6" Front End PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the First Watt article in question:

http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_sony_vfet_pt1.pdf

For the F6 version, just search for "diamond buffer" in the F6 thread, there are numerous posts that show lower distortion. This PCB could be used to implement that same scheme.

I have a few of these PCBs left-over that I'd like to offer up to the community. The price is $7.50/channel plus shipping. I'd expect shipping to run between $5 (US) and $15 (international) - but the amount will be paid after they ship for exact charges (so, two PayPal payments).

They are 2 layer, 1.6mm thick, 1oz copper, blue with white silkscreen, ENIG plated. I'm including a BOM and supporting files in this post. The relay allows for the buffer to be added and removed via a remote switch. Also, a jumper block which controls how the transformer primaries are configured is provided. These could all be optional and you can just use the XLR input to the transformer, if you'd like. Lots of ways to use this board.

Minimal set of transformers supported are:

Cinemag CMOQ-4
Jensen JT-123-FLPCH
Lundahl LL1684, 1690, 1948
Lundahl LL1588, 1592
Lundahl LL1527, 1527XL, 1527A, 1591, 1540
Sowter 4652

Attachments

• csx_fe_block.jpg
    csx_fe_block.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 1,487
  • csx_fe_bom.jpg
    csx_fe_bom.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 1,477
  • csx_fe_top_silk_dimensioned.jpg
    csx_fe_top_silk_dimensioned.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 1,426
  • csx_fe_top_rendering.png
    csx_fe_top_rendering.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,404
  • csx_fe_bottom_rendering.png
    csx_fe_bottom_rendering.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,376
I have a new revised version of this board. I needed two DPDT relays to ensure the balanced buffers are switched in and out of the signal path properly. The new board works great and I have plenty for sale.

The two relays are SMD and one on the top and one on the bottom of the board. They are red boards. The relay coils are across the positive and negative buffer rails, so plan accordingly. Of course the buffer doesn’t have to be used and you can mount all kinds of transformers and feed them a XLR or RCA from the chassis.

These are great to play around with!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.