Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

FS: Vifa NE265W-08 neo woofers w/ heatsink, pickup n. cali or ship
FS: Vifa NE265W-08 neo woofers w/ heatsink, pickup n. cali or ship
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2016, 12:16 AM   #1
cvjoint is offline cvjoint  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default FS: Vifa NE265W-08 neo woofers w/ heatsink, pickup n. cali or ship

Product Brand & Model:
Up for sale is a semi-custom order of Vifa neo motor subwoofers/woofers. I say it is semi-custom because the heatsink models are typically not sold in US. I had them special ordered through Parts Express, paid MSRP, and waited over 6 months for them.

Solen.ca does sell them regularly for the Canadian market and we can buy them at over $300 each plus international shipping. See here:
NE265W08HS - Solen Electronique - World leading producer of high-end crossover components


Condition of all items:
Lightly used for 2 months.


Total Price:
I have six units with heatsink and two without. Heatsink models are more expensive and rare.
ne265w08hs - heatsink - $200 (6 available)
ne265w08 - no neatsink - SOLD


Shipping Terms: :
Shipping is $15 each anywhere in lower 48 states, insured, and with tracking.



Will post in the next week, meanwhile here was my install:
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Additional info:

Main stats:
http://audio-hi.fi/download/pdf/Peer...265W-08-HS.pdf

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........

A certain Pallas member said that some of the information is misleading buyers. Therefore I have separated what may be risky, untruthful, subjective, or can otherwise inflict potential bodily harm to this later portion of my post. BUYER BEWARE, this next section of the post may cause you to buy the speakers instantly at any cost.

First incriminating message:
10" subwoofer and woofer, low FS, neo magnets, aluminum frame, weighs only 5lbs, 190w IEC Power rating without heatsink, 220w IEC with heatsink, uses demodulating shorting ring, linear xmax claimed 9mm (tested at 11.9mm on Klippel), 16.8 mm xmech, usable up to and beyond 1,000 hz as a low midrange as well, 8 ohm coil.

Second incriminating message:
The closest competitor is a Scan Speak Revelator 10". The Vifa has more throw, can be crossed higher, and has a neo motor. That's why I picked them over the Scans.

Other messages that may be incriminating:
This is my favorite IB and large sealed box subwoofer but unfortunately I don't have the box room to make them work now.

The Klippel test I'm referring to is the bigger brother 12". A 10" Klippel is not available publicly from what I could find. I've worked under the assumption that the motor segment of the Klippel test is representative for both the 10" and 12" models as the motor looks the same to me. I've made use of the same logic in many of my projects. For example, there is a Klippel test of the SD1 motor in Voice Coil magazine that is used by Scan Speak in many classic woofers. I assumed that it was representative for all Scan Speak Classic woofers using the same gap and magnet dimensions in the SD1 line of woofers. I prefer 3rd party Klippel tests to the manufacturers specs.

An additional link for specs:
https://solen.ca/wp-content/uploads/ne265w08hs.pdf

Last edited by cvjoint; 16th August 2016 at 02:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2016, 10:58 PM   #2
cvjoint is offline cvjoint  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Woofers without heatsink sold.

Heatsinked models still available.
ne265w08hs - heatsink - $200 (6 available)
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 11:53 PM   #3
Pallas is offline Pallas  Pakistan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
linear xmax claimed 9mm (tested at 11.9mm on Klippel), 16.8 mm xmech
Do you have a link to the test? The 8" version, as you know, fell woefully woefully short of spec.
__________________
Serious Audio Blog
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 04:25 AM   #4
cvjoint is offline cvjoint  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
Do you have a link to the test? The 8" version, as you know, fell woefully woefully short of spec.
There is a Klippel test on the 12" woofer. To me it appears to have the same motor looking at the white sheets. This was in Voice Coil magazine a few years back. Inductance is very low, BL 11.9mm, suspension distortion threshold is reached at something crazy like 17.9mm. So I assumed for the 10" BL is probably still the limiting distortion factor and the xmax is 11.9mm.

"displacement limiting numbers calculated for subwoofers by the Klippel analyzer were XBl at 70% Bl = 11.9mm and for XC at 50% Cms minimum was 17.9mm, both greater than the physical Xmax for this woofer"

This is the test for the 12" but I'm almost 100% sure these use the same motor. The suspension would be different but that was the strongest part of the 12" so I can't see the 10" suspension being the limiting factor in the 10". The speakers seem to rely on the motor force dropping to prevent overexcursion. The suspension is almost too linear to do much in that respect.

See page 232 of this:

http://www.pearl-hifi.com/06_Lit_Arc...ompilation.pdf
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 08:12 PM   #5
cvjoint is offline cvjoint  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Took these pictures before shipping out the ones without heatsink:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 06:13 AM   #6
Pallas is offline Pallas  Pakistan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
There is a Klippel test on the 12" woofer.
And of the 8" woofer. As you know, the 8" woofer fell woefully short of spec. You wrote on DIYMA that they were "not really optimized." You also wrote on the DIYMA thread about the 8" NE:

The 12" was the only polished driver in the NE series from what I could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
The suspension would be different but that was the strongest part of the 12" so I can't see the 10" suspension being the limiting factor in the 10".
Until you look at the Klippel results of the 8" NE on DIYMA.

You should redact your unsupported claims.
__________________
Serious Audio Blog
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 06:53 PM   #7
cvjoint is offline cvjoint  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
And of the 8" woofer. As you know, the 8" woofer fell woefully short of spec. You wrote on DIYMA that they were "not really optimized." You also wrote on the DIYMA thread about the 8" NE:

The 12" was the only polished driver in the NE series from what I could tell.



Until you look at the Klippel results of the 8" NE on DIYMA.

You should redact your unsupported claims.
What is exactly your point? Yes, I've seen the Klippel tests of the 8" and commented on it. What's not supported?
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 12:40 AM   #8
Pallas is offline Pallas  Pakistan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
What is exactly your point? Yes, I've seen the Klippel tests of the 8" and commented on it. What's not supported?
My point is obvious: you are being willfully misleading by quoting Klippel figures for an item you're not selling. Especially when another similar item performed very poorly in the same test, and there's no reason for a reasonable person to say that this one is more like x-2 or x+2.

You should remove the misleading Klippel information from the 12" variant of this woofer from your ad, because it has nothing to do with the item you're actually selling. It's dishonorable and a sad sales-hack technique to willfully mislead potential buyers. Ditto the irrelevant comparison to the Scan Revelator.
__________________
Serious Audio Blog

Last edited by Pallas; 16th August 2016 at 12:43 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 02:18 AM   #9
cvjoint is offline cvjoint  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
My point is obvious: you are being willfully misleading by quoting Klippel figures for an item you're not selling. Especially when another similar item performed very poorly in the same test, and there's no reason for a reasonable person to say that this one is more like x-2 or x+2.

You should remove the misleading Klippel information from the 12" variant of this woofer from your ad, because it has nothing to do with the item you're actually selling. It's dishonorable and a sad sales-hack technique to willfully mislead potential buyers. Ditto the irrelevant comparison to the Scan Revelator.
Ok, I wanted to make sure that is your intent so I don't misunderstand your critique.

In this case I was trying to pass down information I've learned from using the NE series over many years while you are assuming I'm lying to sell speakers. Frankly, you are lacking proper etiquette and are quick to judge.

Point 1. I've provided information in my post that I received direct from the manufacturer that does not exist in white sheets. The xmech is what I'm referring to and it's quite low by modern subwoofer standards. Clearly by listing the xmech I screwed myself out of buyers, or so your logic goes.

Point 2. I've listed the white sheet of the manufacturer from which anybody can look up the claimed xmax. If my intent was to fool someone into thinking the xmax is different than what it is, I surely screwed myself big time by making it super easy to compare the Klippel value that I stated with the manufacturer's.

Point 3. The Klippel test on Diyma uses different thresholds than the one in the voice coil magazine. Before you attack me personally you should at least check the validity of your claim.

Point 4. The 8" drivers contributed by a forum member on DIYMA had considerable offset and I ventured this possibility on DIYMA "something went wrong during shipping."

It's much easier to sell a drivers if you can give a little bit of information about what you are selling whether it's a white sheet or your experience with the product. Not everyone is searching for Vifa NEs specifically. I've listed these for sale on several forums I frequent. While not every information I posted is useful to everyone on every forum it is very much a useful piece for those who say don't know where the NE line fits in the Tymphany portfolio (hence the Scan Speak comparison). I assume if everyone on diyaudio is as all-knowing as you are they'll be able to pick out of the information that I listed what is useful and ignore the rest.

All this over 3mm of stroke.

In either case I'm going to assume the best. Perhaps all you want to do is protect your fellow forum members from gleaning the information improperly. So I will revise my post in hopes that will keep the demons away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 02:33 AM   #10
5th element is offline 5th element  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
5th element's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: England
Well I for one found it odd that you were singing their praises at all after all that trouble you had with the drivers in an undersized cabinet.

And I agree with Pallas here. Trying to improve the general opinion of the drivers you are trying to sell by mentioning other drivers, or tests for other drivers, is simply misleading.
__________________
What the hell are you screamin' for? Every five minutes there's a bomb or somethin'! I'm leavin! bzzzz! Now with website! www.5een.co.uk under construction.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


FS: Vifa NE265W-08 neo woofers w/ heatsink, pickup n. cali or shipHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Pair of Vifa P17WJ-00-08 Woofers ronaldJ Swap Meet 0 15th March 2012 09:45 PM
FS: Pair of Vifa P21WO20-08 Woofers ronaldJ Swap Meet 0 15th March 2012 09:43 PM
FS: Vifa XT18WH09-08 & XT18WO09-08 Woofers sphinx Swap Meet 0 9th May 2008 07:42 PM
FS: Vifa P17WH-00-08 61/2" Woofers rabidlistener Swap Meet 8 29th August 2007 09:47 AM
FS: 2 new Vifa M26WR-09-08 10" woofers in Oz rabbitz Swap Meet 1 30th January 2007 01:55 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2020 diyAudio
Wiki