• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Vifa NE265W-08 neo woofers w/ heatsink, pickup n. cali or ship

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Product Brand & Model:
Up for sale is a semi-custom order of Vifa neo motor subwoofers/woofers. I say it is semi-custom because the heatsink models are typically not sold in US. I had them special ordered through Parts Express, paid MSRP, and waited over 6 months for them.

Solen.ca does sell them regularly for the Canadian market and we can buy them at over $300 each plus international shipping. See here:
NE265W08HS - Solen Electronique - World leading producer of high-end crossover components

Condition of all items:
Lightly used for 2 months.

Total Price:
I have six units with heatsink and two without. Heatsink models are more expensive and rare.
ne265w08hs - heatsink - $200 (6 available)
ne265w08 - no neatsink - SOLD

Shipping Terms: :
Shipping is $15 each anywhere in lower 48 states, insured, and with tracking.

Will post in the next week, meanwhile here was my install:
20160316_225643_zpsc8v80hxf.jpg

20160317_002042_zpsrbppjqbi.jpg

20160316_212155.jpg

Additional info:

Main stats:
http://audio-hi.fi/download/pdf/Peer...265W-08-HS.pdf

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A certain Pallas member said that some of the information is misleading buyers. Therefore I have separated what may be risky, untruthful, subjective, or can otherwise inflict potential bodily harm to this later portion of my post. BUYER BEWARE, this next section of the post may cause you to buy the speakers instantly at any cost.

First incriminating message:
10" subwoofer and woofer, low FS, neo magnets, aluminum frame, weighs only 5lbs, 190w IEC Power rating without heatsink, 220w IEC with heatsink, uses demodulating shorting ring, linear xmax claimed 9mm (tested at 11.9mm on Klippel), 16.8 mm xmech, usable up to and beyond 1,000 hz as a low midrange as well, 8 ohm coil.

Second incriminating message:
The closest competitor is a Scan Speak Revelator 10". The Vifa has more throw, can be crossed higher, and has a neo motor. That's why I picked them over the Scans.

Other messages that may be incriminating:
This is my favorite IB and large sealed box subwoofer but unfortunately I don't have the box room to make them work now.

The Klippel test I'm referring to is the bigger brother 12". A 10" Klippel is not available publicly from what I could find. I've worked under the assumption that the motor segment of the Klippel test is representative for both the 10" and 12" models as the motor looks the same to me. I've made use of the same logic in many of my projects. For example, there is a Klippel test of the SD1 motor in Voice Coil magazine that is used by Scan Speak in many classic woofers. I assumed that it was representative for all Scan Speak Classic woofers using the same gap and magnet dimensions in the SD1 line of woofers. I prefer 3rd party Klippel tests to the manufacturers specs.

An additional link for specs:
https://solen.ca/wp-content/uploads/ne265w08hs.pdf

Last edited:
Do you have a link to the test? The 8" version, as you know, fell woefully woefully short of spec.

There is a Klippel test on the 12" woofer. To me it appears to have the same motor looking at the white sheets. This was in Voice Coil magazine a few years back. Inductance is very low, BL 11.9mm, suspension distortion threshold is reached at something crazy like 17.9mm. So I assumed for the 10" BL is probably still the limiting distortion factor and the xmax is 11.9mm.

"displacement limiting numbers calculated for subwoofers by the Klippel analyzer were XBl at 70% Bl = 11.9mm and for XC at 50% Cms minimum was 17.9mm, both greater than the physical Xmax for this woofer"

This is the test for the 12" but I'm almost 100% sure these use the same motor. The suspension would be different but that was the strongest part of the 12" so I can't see the 10" suspension being the limiting factor in the 10". The speakers seem to rely on the motor force dropping to prevent overexcursion. The suspension is almost too linear to do much in that respect.

See page 232 of this:

http://www.pearl-hifi.com/06_Lit_Ar...ice_Coil/2010/Voice_Coil_2010_Compilation.pdf

There is a Klippel test on the 12" woofer.

And of the 8" woofer. As you know, the 8" woofer fell woefully short of spec. You wrote on DIYMA that they were "not really optimized." You also wrote on the DIYMA thread about the 8" NE:

The 12" was the only polished driver in the NE series from what I could tell.

The suspension would be different but that was the strongest part of the 12" so I can't see the 10" suspension being the limiting factor in the 10".

Until you look at the Klippel results of the 8" NE on DIYMA.

You should redact your unsupported claims.

And of the 8" woofer. As you know, the 8" woofer fell woefully short of spec. You wrote on DIYMA that they were "not really optimized." You also wrote on the DIYMA thread about the 8" NE:

The 12" was the only polished driver in the NE series from what I could tell.

Until you look at the Klippel results of the 8" NE on DIYMA.

You should redact your unsupported claims.

What is exactly your point? Yes, I've seen the Klippel tests of the 8" and commented on it. What's not supported?

What is exactly your point? Yes, I've seen the Klippel tests of the 8" and commented on it. What's not supported?

My point is obvious: you are being willfully misleading by quoting Klippel figures for an item you're not selling. Especially when another similar item performed very poorly in the same test, and there's no reason for a reasonable person to say that this one is more like x-2 or x+2.

You should remove the misleading Klippel information from the 12" variant of this woofer from your ad, because it has nothing to do with the item you're actually selling. It's dishonorable and a sad sales-hack technique to willfully mislead potential buyers. Ditto the irrelevant comparison to the Scan Revelator.

Last edited:
My point is obvious: you are being willfully misleading by quoting Klippel figures for an item you're not selling. Especially when another similar item performed very poorly in the same test, and there's no reason for a reasonable person to say that this one is more like x-2 or x+2.

You should remove the misleading Klippel information from the 12" variant of this woofer from your ad, because it has nothing to do with the item you're actually selling. It's dishonorable and a sad sales-hack technique to willfully mislead potential buyers. Ditto the irrelevant comparison to the Scan Revelator.

Ok, I wanted to make sure that is your intent so I don't misunderstand your critique.

In this case I was trying to pass down information I've learned from using the NE series over many years while you are assuming I'm lying to sell speakers. Frankly, you are lacking proper etiquette and are quick to judge.

Point 1. I've provided information in my post that I received direct from the manufacturer that does not exist in white sheets. The xmech is what I'm referring to and it's quite low by modern subwoofer standards. Clearly by listing the xmech I screwed myself out of buyers, or so your logic goes.

Point 2. I've listed the white sheet of the manufacturer from which anybody can look up the claimed xmax. If my intent was to fool someone into thinking the xmax is different than what it is, I surely screwed myself big time by making it super easy to compare the Klippel value that I stated with the manufacturer's.

Point 3. The Klippel test on Diyma uses different thresholds than the one in the voice coil magazine. Before you attack me personally you should at least check the validity of your claim.

Point 4. The 8" drivers contributed by a forum member on DIYMA had considerable offset and I ventured this possibility on DIYMA "something went wrong during shipping."

It's much easier to sell a drivers if you can give a little bit of information about what you are selling whether it's a white sheet or your experience with the product. Not everyone is searching for Vifa NEs specifically. I've listed these for sale on several forums I frequent. While not every information I posted is useful to everyone on every forum it is very much a useful piece for those who say don't know where the NE line fits in the Tymphany portfolio (hence the Scan Speak comparison). I assume if everyone on diyaudio is as all-knowing as you are they'll be able to pick out of the information that I listed what is useful and ignore the rest.

All this over 3mm of stroke. :rolleyes:

In either case I'm going to assume the best. Perhaps all you want to do is protect your fellow forum members from gleaning the information improperly. So I will revise my post in hopes that will keep the demons away.

Well I for one found it odd that you were singing their praises at all after all that trouble you had with the drivers in an undersized cabinet.

And I agree with Pallas here. Trying to improve the general opinion of the drivers you are trying to sell by mentioning other drivers, or tests for other drivers, is simply misleading.

Well I for one found it odd that you were singing their praises at all after all that trouble you had with the drivers in an undersized cabinet.

And I agree with Pallas here. Trying to improve the general opinion of the drivers you are trying to sell by mentioning other drivers, or tests for other drivers, is simply misleading.

That's because you haven't seen my review of them in infinite baffle. I liked them a lot in that application. I've also stated this "This is my favorite IB and large sealed box subwoofer but unfortunately I don't have the box room to make them work now." I did have trouble with them in undersized cabinet and I said clearly that I'm selling them because I don't have the box room.

I tried to pass on the best representation of what I know these drivers can do. Some of that is based on Klippel tests from other NE drivers. We don't all think the same.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.