• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: Yamaha MC-705 MC phono Cartridge (rebranded Audio Technica)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you for checking out my listing. I have a NEW, never used, excellent condition Yamaha MC-705 replaceable stylus, low-output moving-coil phono cartridge. This cartridge was actually manufactured by Audio Technica (AT3200) for Yamaha and has the following specifications:

- 0.3 mV output MC type
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 30kHz
- Tracking Force: 1.4-2.0g
- Mass: 4.3g
- Channel Separation: > 20db
- Output Impedance: 10 ohms
- Stylus: ATN-320
- Stylus Tip: Elliptical
- Dynamic Compliance: 6x10-6cm/Dyne

This is a high-quality cartridge that is not common with the Yamaha MC-705 branding on it. The MC-705 was purchased new with my Yamaha PX-3 turntable. It has remained in the factory Yamaha packaging, unused. It is truly like-new.

I tried to include pictures with this listing but due to a site-wide security token error on diyaudio.com, I was unable to do so. Please contact me for multiple high-res pictures.

I am unsure what to ask for the MC-705 given it is uncommon, possibly even rare and does not come up for sale, often. That said, I was able to find four sold listings for the MC-705 and averaged their price to arrive at $250 including free USPS Priority Mail shipping with insurance.

Feel free to make an offer. I am not interested in trades aside from full-range drivers or 8-12" woofers suitable for use in open baffle projects.

I have eBay feedback of 100% with no negatives and a registered business in Illinois with no negative reviews or BBB complaints. If you are concerned with purchasing from someone relatively new to these forums I can provide references, eBay user information and more.

I accept credit cards (via Square over the phone or through my on-line website) or a USPS Money Order. I would greatly prefer to avoid PayPal if at all possible but will accept it provided the buyer covers all associated fees.

HI Iam, What you think in 120 u$?
Best Regards

Thank you for your offer. Given that I am not completely sure of the MC-705's used value, I priced the cartridge at less than the average sold price based on the only sold MC-705's I could find on eBay and one sold MC-705 on another audio website. All sales were in the last 3-months.

While I am less confident of my asking price for the MC-705 and therefore more willing to negotiate, I will keep the cartridge for $125.

I don't feel my gear is more valuable just because it is mine and I also realize I could be off base with my asking price. If there are no takers at my original price I will lower it, but not quit yet.

Again, thank you but I must decline your offer at this point.

Darren

Last edited:
Dear Darren, I know exactly your cartridge. I have two, but AT, right now there are one used in sale in US for 120 and the spare cost new, thanks God there are for there something, 160.
With this I say that the yours is not a bargain, however is not expensive. I will think about because I am interested. The other problem that it is in the US territory. My mum is coming from the states on July and can bring to me here on Spain. Anyway, I will think about Spiderman.
Take the Biggest Regard

Dear Darren, I know exactly your cartridge. I have two, but AT, right now there are one used in sale in US for 120 and the spare cost new, thanks God there are for there something, 160.
With this I say that the yours is not a bargain, however is not expensive. I will think about because I am interested. The other problem that it is in the US territory. My mum is coming from the states on July and can bring to me here on Spain. Anyway, I will think about Spiderman.
Take the Biggest Regard

Thank you. Let me know when you decide, regardless. If the listing is still up the cartridge will still be available.

My ex-wife was born in Rhoda, SP. My former in-laws were stationed there with the Navy. I have always wanted to visit Spain. My ex-wife and in-laws visited your country every year or two to visit friends. They always brought me back great wines and Cuban cigars since it is rare to find legitimate Cuban cigars int he States due to the embargo.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren, wifes are the most important when they are formerly, but when they transform in wifes they are the worst.
I live on Menorca, https://www.google.es/maps/@39.8076087,4.2768933,2318m/data=!3m1!1e3, it belong to Balearic Islands, they are at the East from Spain and to the South of France, Andalucía is at the Provence of Sevilla, the women from this part of the word are beautiful. Probably you felt immediately in front of this beauty...
Here the women are ugly, but the island is charming and secure.
Don't doubt in come to home when you visit here.
Best Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.