• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultra-low jitter generators 22.5792, 24.5760, 33.8688, 36.8640, 45.1584, 49.1520 MHz

Can I get anyone to talk in detail about these oscillators vs Asia sourced "Golden" TCXOs by Vanguard and/or Crystek's mid-range (CCHD-575) and high-end (CCHD-957) I intend to do an indepth review of oscillators after my discrete op-amp reviews for Burson and Orange Amp. are finished. So if this offers something above the three mentioned, I might be interested!

Last edited:
Some measurements

Sorry to be a little bit late on this thread.

I made some jitter measurements with a couple of oscillators some month ago with
a Lecroy HDO6104 oscilloscope with their jitter module. Allthough i am still not shure how and
what that osci measured some comparison was possible.
I used differential probes and battery or a Hameg power supply for the oscillators.
So external noise should have been minimal.
All mentioned ps-values are TIE values if not noted otherwise.

I tested one TentLabs 33.8688Mhz, two Vanguard 33.8688 (gold), and
several oscillators from our old stock.
The Tent was really good one with appr. 2-3ps. It shows a jitter peak at appr. 6.277MHz
of appr. 4.3ps which may result from the internal PLL as Guido Tent told me.
This should not do any harm to audio.

I was really curious how the Vanguards would behave. Sorry.
Disapointing. Jitter showed up within a range of 40..70ps. Nevertheless
the Vanguards showed best frequency precision and stability of all measured oscillators.
Unfortunatelly this is irrelevant for audio.

I had an old dusty Hosonic 33Mhz oscillator from our stock here. This one performed as good
as the Tent. As this is a true pure crystal oscillator, it has no noticeable spurs as the Tent.

Interestingly the jitter did only rise by appr. 0.3ps when i used the Hameg HMP4040 switching power
for the oscillators. Feeding the differential probe from USB instead of batterie made jitter much worse.