• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

RAKK DAC III

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Bought from a member to try out the I2S boards but never found the time to do so. All boards were tested by K&K when I bought them and nothing has happened with them since. It is a pity that these are not used so I better pass them to a person that enjoys them. I did replace the 110 Ohm transformer of one of the 3 SPDIF inputs for a Newava 75 Ohm type. This way you can switch between 3 SPDIF inputs and the I2S input. The 110 Ohm transformer is included. I really lik the PCB design of the DAC board with a multitude of local regulators, the PSU itself is passive and coupled with the Booster board with very large filter capacitors.

The set contains the power supply board and power supply booster board, both I2S transmitter (to convert your source to I2S output with an HDMI cable to the DAC I2S receiving end !) and I2S receiver, the RAKK DAC IIII PCM1794 with SRC4193 input receiver and sample rate converter board, a 110 Ohm AES EBU transformer and a 20VA Rcore power transformer. Please note that this DAC has symmetrical outputs and it needs either a passive output stage of a tubed one. If you are the stubborn type you can use opamps to make the sound quality less optimal if you like ;) The assembly manuals are sent as PDF by email but even without them it is pretty self explanatory how to connect the boards.

150 Euro ex shipping. I prefer to sell within Europe.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.