Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

WTB: Single or pair of Mark Audio CHBW-70
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2015, 10:15 PM   #1
SirByrd is offline SirByrd  United States
diyAudio Member

Exclamation WTB: Single or pair of Mark Audio CHBW-70

Just completed a project with some CHBW-70s and realized that one of my drivers is making a weird mechanical noise with any kind of excursion. The other one is totally fine. Does anyone have any of these kicking around? Doesn't have to be new if it's in good shape, though would also take a well used pair if they both work so they match.

Thanks!
Old 7th February 2017, 11:37 AM   #2
jimbro is offline jimbro  United States
diyAudio Member

Are you still out there SirByrd? Was thinking you may have one screw too tight. This is a common problem with MA drivers. The frame can warp and cause the voice coil to rub if the crews are unevenly or overly tightened.

Last edited by jimbro; 7th February 2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spellin
Old 7th February 2017, 06:23 PM   #3
SirByrd is offline SirByrd  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbro View Post
Are you still out there SirByrd? Was thinking you may have one screw too tight. This is a common problem with MA drivers. The frame can warp and cause the voice coil to rub if the crews are unevenly or overly tightened.
I wish that were the case, but these make the weird sounds free air, and also prior to any mounting. I have 2 pair that make the sound. I contacted mark audio and they said it was the arrestor feature, but it kicks in way before xmax and as far as I know these were made prior to that feature being introduced.
Oh well.

WTB: Single or pair of Mark Audio CHBW-70Hide this!Advertise here!