• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amp Camp #1 PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemen, my current project is the design of an "Active Speaker Concept", in which I which I will drive the tweeters and mids of my speakers from Nelson Pass' ACA#1 - ampfiers.

I have done a layout for them on my own (including the R15 mod - you can bypass it, if you want to) and have ordered the PCBs.

I have 3 of these PCBs (image 1) left.
Each PCB consists of 2 identical ACA#1 channels. You can break a PCB with your fingers.

I will give you a PCB for 10€ - shipping worldwide is included.
If you want to have a PCB - give me a PM, and I will give you my PAYPAL-ID.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• ACA 001.jpg
    ACA 001.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 974
  • ACA#1.jpg
    ACA#1.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 929
  • ACA#12.jpg
    ACA#12.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 906
Gentlemen: I have just finished a pair of my ACA#1 - PCBs and have adjusted them (Image 1): no problem.
The heatsink on the picture (my ACA#1 - PCBs include the "R15 - mod") gets "slightly warm". This is why I decided to use a PC fan to cool them.
If I would use an appropriate heatsink with vertical cooling fins, the fan is not needed!

Since I am asked from time to time:

I will offer you a pair of these PCBs (including the R15-mod; there is a jumper to use the mod or not to use it) for 10€ including world-wide shipping.

The PCB's size is 47 x 75mm.
I am using 1.6mm FR4 - material with a 35µm copper plate, but since the "meaningful" tracks are layouted top and down: it is a 70µm copper layout.

If you are interested to have a pair like this: tell me!
The lead-time for the PCB is about 3-4 weeks.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: I am using a Dell-Laptop - PSU rated at 19.5VDC / 4.6A to power my ACA#1s.

Attachments

• ACA 014.jpg
    ACA 014.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 829
  • topview.png
    topview.png
    162.2 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
Gentlemen, it has not been my intention to do a groupbuy for Nelson Pass' ACA - PCBs with my layout.
I simply wanted to offer the PCBs that I had to spare.
But since the ACA-PCBs are currently not available from the diyaudio-shop and there is some demand, I will order 10 of my ACA-PCBs (image 1).

The size of a PCB is 75 x 95 mm. It includes 2 channels. It contains the R15-modification, which can be activated / bypassed by means of a jumper cap.
The PCB will be milled in the middle, so you can easily break it with for fingers.
The price for the PCB incl. worldwide shipping is 10€.
The lead time will be about 4 weeks.

I am currently operating my ACAs from a DELL-laptop PSU, but I think that they "deserve a better mate". Browsing through the Power Supply forum, I came across Jason Kuetemann's "Simplistic Cap Multiplier"
(http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...ied-mrevil-pmi-capacitance-multiplier-16.html), and I am sure that his Cap Multiplier will do a much better job than the Laptop PSU.
I cannot use Jason's PCBs, since the ACA only needs one single regulated 19 volts DC supply. I have therefore done an EAGLE layout of his schematic (Jason happily permitted me to use it)
and have already started positioning the parts on the resulting PCB (about 50 x 80mm).
The final layout of the CAP-Multiplier PSU will still take a couple of days, and I would like and talk it over with Jason.

One CAP-Multiplier PCB contains 2 PSUs.
I you are interested, I will offer you this PCB as well.

I have prepared a small EXCEL to show your interest.

http://abload.de/img/smallgroupbuy3is1z.jpg

Attachments

• CapMult.PNG
    CapMult.PNG
    70.1 KB · Views: 275
  • ACA 004.jpg
    ACA 004.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 271
  • ACA#1_V.1B_Dual.png
    ACA#1_V.1B_Dual.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 228
Jason: find attached the 2nd iteration of my layout for a ACA#1 - PSU-PCB - using your schematic.
In my eyes: it looks quite o.k.

If you - or anyone else - finds any error: please report it.

P.S.: Jason: I like you - a Canadian DIYer - same as EVETTE - my 1st DIY-friend - most! Simply sharing your experiences!
P.P.S: The size of this PCB is 50 x 78 mm. I will offer you 2 milled PCBs as shown above on a 100 x 78 mm PCB.

Attachments

• CAP_MULT_for_AMPCAMP_topview.png
    CAP_MULT_for_AMPCAMP_topview.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
I have ordered 10 pcs. of each PCB yesterday.
Please remember: each ACA - PCB contains 2 ACAs and each CapMult-PCB contains 2 PSUs.

Find attached the current order list.
All of the CAP-Mult-PCBs are assigned.

Please transfer the sum given in column TOTAL to my PAYPAL-ID: RRozek@t-online.de
Make sure that your address as given in the PAYPAL-form is correct.
The lead-time is about 3-4 weeks.

Attachments

• groupbuy.jpg
    groupbuy.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 296
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.