Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Aspen Preamplifier For Sale
Aspen Preamplifier For Sale
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2015, 08:11 PM   #1
stvnharr is offline stvnharr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Aspen Preamplifier For Sale

My Aspen Gk-2 Preamplifier is excess to my needs and I am putting it up for sale.
This is the prototype version of what would have become the GK-2 had it gone into production.
This preamp was developed in the summer months of 2011 in coordination between Hugh and myself. The proto was finalized in September 2011 and has been in my USA audio system since then with flawless performance.
This unit features 10 decibels of gain in a unique gain stage circuit followed by an updated tube buffer stage first developed in the GK-1 preamplifier. This unit also has 2 outputs so that easy connection can be made to a powered subwoofer, if desired. Everything on this unit was designed and assembled by me, pcb and all.
Parts include mostly all PRP thru hole resistors, Mundorf silver/oil input capacitor, Soniccap Gen. 1 output capacitor, Cardas rca connectors, JenaLabs signal wiring, and Sylvania 6ES8 tubes.
I developed the board to be installed internally inside a 2U sized case. The unit I have is installed in a Par Metal aluminum 16x12x4 chassis.
Please note that because of the way I designed the board this is not a drop in replacement for the exposed tube design of the GK-1 board. However you can replace the GK-1 board with mine and change the internal configuration a bit.

What is up for sale is the GK-2 board and the transformers. While the transformers used are the same as the ones with the GK-1, these have been reconfigured to be used with the GK-2 and I consider them as part of the unit.
I would actually like to sell the whole preamp unit that I have, with the exception of the attenuators which I am keeping.

I am posting some pics of the unit so you can have a little look.

If you are interested, please send a PM and we can discuss things.
Since I no longer need this unit I just want to send it to a new good home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aspen_Preamp.jpg (981.5 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg Right channel.jpg (976.5 KB, 321 views)
File Type: jpg Power transformer.jpg (814.9 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg Mundorf input caps.jpg (928.9 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg Soniccap output cap.jpg (736.1 KB, 262 views)
Old 3rd August 2015, 06:40 AM   #2
meanman1964 is offline meanman1964  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi Steven,
Very interesting indeed
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:20 PM   #3
stvnharr is offline stvnharr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Preamp has been sold.

Aspen Preamplifier For SaleHide this!Advertise here!