Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

FS:  - Extinction-1541 - pcb board
FS:  - Extinction-1541 - pcb board
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st April 2015, 01:21 PM   #1
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
Banned

Default FS: - Extinction-1541 - pcb board

1 000 AUD. (no negociation)

Extinction-1541 Board v1 :

- Made by R. with help of few people coming from different walks life, specials, etc. First PCB ever developped in Esperanto !

- Worth it, very usefull to learn about ground planes everywhere & around the TDA1541 chip in all the directions ! Collection piece for sure !

- drawed with beers, so shorts proof !

Price is without shipment of course !

Reason : on the AYA 2 2014 now !
Old 1st April 2015, 06:00 PM   #2
Banned

No one for this 1st April offer ?

Price is not expensive : need 20 AUD for myself, the rest of money for buying 500 Kleenex boxes and send them to Oz'tralia for crocodile tears !
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:58 AM   #3
shenniao is offline shenniao  China
diyAudio Member

What is that? Do you have a picture
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:31 PM   #4
Banned

You didn't know the Distinction-1541 board in China ???? ! How can it be possible

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digit...ml#post3921851

Grup project: designed from a good willed grup of people, some in Esperanto-English (Esperan-glisch : same same but different) and many friendly inputs here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digit...ml#post2841261, mainly inspired by the great researchs of the boss of ECDESIGNS company aka John at DIYAUDIO (thanks to him to share here).

The FS was an april fool after a history hacking atempt la "all is Under control now by an australian Michelangelo" ! (I pushed for a ground revision to have a more solid core pcb base and not only cosmetic improvements, though they are very welcome as well)

You can also copy it from the pictures in your kitchen, but WE already made the errors ! Notice it works, but many want like me here to do better than poor EBay kits ! It was a motivation of many of us !

Bad news for you it is sold despite it was an April fool : Grand'Ma bought it yesterday at the price, because she has not her head anymore
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:41 PM   #5
shenniao is offline shenniao  China
diyAudio Member

I have always been in the news of note TDA1541 chip, few pay attention to the board
Old 2nd April 2015, 01:45 PM   #6
Banned

... with the money, will buy a plane ticket for Chengdu, nice aera and great spicy food ... after I will have a dangerous bus trip on the edges of the abyss to the temple of Labrang (like very much this little "temple" town: Xia-He iirc) of red hat monks which play pools in the streets after dialectic talks. I had a backpack trip here 20 years ago from Kumning via Dali and Lijiang before came bak to HK via Lanzhou (and from the beginning via: Aomen - Macau- , Guangzhou - Canton- Guilin... by horses in the hymalayan pre mountain between Chengdu & Xiahe, by feet, river boats, dangerous cars ... one and half month !)

Nice country and people, great food, amazing souvenirs...

Last edited by Eldam; 2nd April 2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 3rd April 2015, 04:22 PM   #7
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

I will take it off your hands for $20 CAD shipped to Canada
Old 3rd April 2015, 05:19 PM   #8
Banned

You really should wait for a V2 with a ground revision !
Old 3rd April 2015, 08:29 PM   #9
wlowes is offline wlowes  Canada
diyAudio Member

Actually, I am intrigued to experiment with Thoerston's DIY with copper foil over vero board and attempt my own version.

But if I grab another of these boards which has a lot right about them then I will use it to experiment with I2S attenuation and a different DEM circuit. I think Distinction is more right than wrong, and the sound I am getting is fine. But the conversation about ground planes and I2S attenuation has me intrigued. I like Thoerston's suggestion that you can run small insulated wire over the ground plane and beat a 4 layer pcb. Makes sense, so using the current v1 to implement I2S attenuation is easy and likely high quality. Also easy to compare solid ground plane across the bottom by adding copper foil.

But vero board does not cost much, so your non negotialble $1,000 offer won't cut it. If you truely have no use for it, $20 CAD offer remains open
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:21 PM   #10
Banned

W

You can't separate the grounds nore made island path on the actual V1 : I tryed. impossible to cut around the hole of a via to isolate it from its surounding ! With scalpel, etc ! Not tryed laser!

One thing you can do is trying to separate the pin 5 via in two parts by cutting inside the via with a small scalpel or pcb tool : to separate upper pin 5 of the bottom pin 5 which is tied to analog plane.

If you suceed to do so, which can easily be checked by a buzzer (voltmeter buzzing tool) you have to tied the bottom pin 14 to the close analog star ground with a little wire (on the //smt decoupling cap of -15 V for example as the radial main cap has its ground via conducting on the two sides of the board, so near pin 14 (dgnd) ! as the +/- 5V: : ground via is conducting on the two sides of the boards)

You could imagine to solder the main radial caps directly by the bottom (so head of the cap in the bottom side) with the ground leads floating and tied to pin 5 on the bottom directly with a floating insulated wire (sad work) ! This is the best scenario to fix it or a re draw like idescribed on the GB thread with my last input : easy to fix for MichelAngelo : the hardiest was to find the solution and here you have two and a DIYA (diy alone) one in this post.

You should better stay like that, no to risk your v1, listen to music waiting for the v2 and its other improvements. between the two, try a 6072A tube la Thorsten to benchmark against the lampizator tubes and testimonial for what you like the best between the two and for what sound reasons.

I'm not involved anymore due to the atmosphere... I'm more here for the sharing than collecting palms or sell stuffs and certainly not here to read that I'm retarted if you read into the lines of some apologizes !

It was the opposite of my spirit to merge to an egotic situation, so I leave. But I'm sure the v2 will be better if people continue to share and not focused on the knowledge they believe to have alone.

Not sure to me due to this layout errors than the v1 is better than some chinese Ebay kits. Certainly good enough, mainly due to some good inductance due to the size caps, the respect of the uf-l Z and digital path pin 1 to 4. the dem time cap with its 6k8 as well !

But: PS of the three voltage rails IS important, mainly) ! And I certainly don't want to sell something which I consider to an uncertain quality and twice as despite I considered the design was closed too rapidly by R., I'm involved by this uncertain quality as well as it was a grup of good willed people. All is not a question of money all the time, btw it was not expensive ! But the way the thread is managed now,deserves more a vendor bazar section than anything else! Too much smart-****, crocodile tears as said above...It smells....

I just remember now how one the main contributor of this grup (Audiolapdance member) was right.... follow the white rabbit or you will stay in the matrice (I resume in a special way withmy special english but the sense is here...)
regards

Last edited by Eldam; 3rd April 2015 at 11:37 PM.

FS:  - Extinction-1541 - pcb boardHide this!Advertise here!