• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Woodward-Schumacher 5K PP Vintage Push Pull Output Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transformers are SOLD! Thanks for looking!

DSCF5006.JPG

DSCF4994.JPG

DSCF5003.JPG

DSCF5000.JPG For sale is a pair of vintage USA made Woodard-Schumacher of Chicago (determined from their EIA code) Push-Pull 5KPP output transformers into 8 ohms.

These were manufactured in 1961 and have the classic waxed paper insulation on the windings. I purchased them off of ebay about 5 years ago thinking I would get around to building a 6V6 push/pull amplifier. But alas, it hasn't happened and for health reasons I'm just not able to build amps like I once was.

As you can see the leads are all reasonable length of at least 4 inches. I polished the tops a little with some MAAS metal polish so you could easily read the lettering. The sides have some oxidation but would polish up equally as well if you were so inclined.

The laminations are very thin and there are a bunch of them for the stack size. They're considerably smaller laminations than the ones on the Edcor transformers which I mainly work with these days, which should bode well for their frequency performance.

The screw holes are 2.85" center to center and the bobbin windings are 2.1" across. The .223 round is there for size reference only.

Price will be $40 plus shipping to the CONUS only via USPS from 85086 (Anthem AZ post office). Will consider trades for an interesting USB dac (or a DAC with USB and other inputs)

Thanks for looking at my ad!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.