• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

iFi Micro iCan desktop headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For Sale is a iFi iCan desktop headphone amp. This is the first generation model and does not include the dip switches on the newest model (which costs 250).

This amp is in working condition, and is still in use today. It comes with the original packaging and original Ultra Low Noise AC/DC Adapter. As it is used the silk screen is hard to read on the bottom and the front (see pictures). Otherwise it works fine. It has RCA inputs as well as a 3.5mm input for direct connection with a phone/mp3 player.

I am selling it only because I don’t get as much use as I used to out of it. This amp drives the CRAP out of my BeyerDynamic DT-770's and pairs well with even hard to drive headphones.

This item will ship insured for the purchase price, with adult signature required and be bubble wrapped up in a second larger box appropriately. I've yet to have a problem with an item I have shipped.

I am asking 115 + shipping.Feel free to message me with offers.

Some information and reviews of the unit can be found here:

Manufacture site
Head-Fi.Org review and rankings - ranked as the #2 desktop amp
Absolute Sound

From the manufactures website:
Creating a one-box-fits-all-headphones amplifier was a challenge. That’s because headphones are a diverse lot. So when our engineers designed the new iCAN, they didn’t start with the amplifier; they started with the headphones.
Unlike traditional headphone amplifiers, the design of the iCAN is based on the whole gamut of headphones. This atypical approach has bestowed upon the iCAN a unique ability to realise the full potential of each and every headphone.

First and foremost, it was designed for the finest sound quality. With XBass you hear deeper, richer and cleaner bass. The 3D Holographic Sound system creates headphone-based music that is free-flowing rather than restricted.

Recordings are made for speakers not headphones. This explains the oft-found ‘inside your head’ headphone listening experience. The 3D Holographic Sound system rectifies this to transport the performer from inside your head, to in your room.

We wanted a headphone amplifier that recreates the most vivid music performance to let your imagination run free; similar to a live concert where the group is playing in front of you. Vibrant, dynamic and resolving: the music stirs you. Above all, with the 3D HolographicSound system, we created a truly high-end 3D sound field without the use of any sound-damaging DSP# whatsoever.

The only thing to come close? Only a few of the best professional-grade headphone amplifiers used in international recording studios. The iCAN is in a class of its own making studio-quality audio affordable.

From the instant you connect your headphones to the iCAN, you realise this is exactly how headphones should sound. This Class A TubeState amplification plays a large part; giving an unprecedented level of clarity and authenticity to deliver a ‘living in the moment’ listening experience.

To attain the ultimate sonic quality, our engineers looked to the Golden Age of audio design. The ground-up iCAN design boasts an unconventional Class A TubeState amplification not of ‘hybrid’ but ‘tri-brid’ circuitry; blending the best of Bi-Polar devices, J-Fets and Advanced Discrete components.

With negligible distortion, superior damping factor and excellent transient response, your music simply sounds better than ever. This means perfect-matching of the iCAN to your headphones. Whatever your genre; Rock, Jazz and Classical — music is sweet, vivid, and above all: lifelike.

To achieve the best match to extract the maximum performance from all manner of headphones, our engineers painstakingly tested, measured and auditioned hundreds of headphones.

The end justified the means as the XBass sound enhancement system is adjustable to suit each and every pair of headphones; large and small headphones alike now reach the deepest bass notes like never before.

Like the 3D Holographic Sound system and true to iFi’s high-end audio DNA, the XBass circuitry functions without the use of any sound-damaging DSP# whatsoever.

Our designers left no stone unturned to achieve the finest audio quality. iFi’s DirectDrive technology is directly-coupled for the shortest signal path. It is also more as DriveDrive delivers higher power with lower distortion compared to many USB-powered audio devices.

With real control and sonic authority, the iCAN is 27x more powerful than the Apple® iPod® Touch and 9x more powerful than the MacBook® Air. Saxophones have that golden leading-edge just like the real thing. Vocals have a palpable body and depth. Drums sizzle one moment yet are thunderous the next.

Specifications:

Gain:0dB, 10dB and 20dB user-selectableSignal to Noise Ratio:>117dB(A)Total Harmonic Distortion(THD):<0.003%(400mV/150R)Frequency Response:0.5Hz to 500KHz(-3dB)Output Impedance:<1 ohmOutput Power:>400mW(32Ω)Output Voltage:>5V (>600Ω)Input Voltage:AC 100 – 240V, 50/60HzPower Consumption:< 4W idle, 10W max.Dimensions:158(l)x68(w)x28(h)mmWeight:216g(0.48lbs)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

a BARGAIN!
ive been using one for a year now and compared to bottlehead sex. ifi win!
IMNSHO, you have to pay 600$ for a better headphone amp.

ive spoken to people who used the ican and used 1k to 2k headphone amp, and they told me that to beat the ican, you need to spend at least 600$.

BARGAIN folks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.