Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

FS: Kef R-series concentrics and ScanSpeak 26w/8867T 10" Revelator
FS: Kef R-series concentrics and ScanSpeak 26w/8867T 10" Revelator
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2014, 06:05 PM   #1
bikinpunk is offline bikinpunk  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Kef R-series concentrics and ScanSpeak 26w/8867T 10" Revelator

Info:

I'm changing things up in my HT and as such, am parting out my 3-way DIY build which consisted of the ScanSpeak 26w/8867T as well as some practically unobtanium 5.25" Kef R300 concentric mid/tweeters.

If you don't know about the Kefs, these are practically impossible to get. These are not sold as individual speakers and therefore can only be obtained if you have a serial number from a speaker they are in. The cheapest way to get these particular concentrics is if you buy the R300 which run for about $1800/pair from Kef and pluck the drivers out. As far as I know, I am only one of two people who are using these in a DIY application. In the world of coaxial type drivers, these are pretty much king. They are true concentric drive units (not just a coaxial) with the voice coil of both the tweeter and midrange aligned in the x/y/z axes. I'd keep them if I could afford to, but I need to pay off the new gear in the HT.

I have tested each of these drivers myself and you can find my test data here:
26w: http://medleysmusings.com/scanspeak-revelator-26w8867t/
Kef: http://medleysmusings.com/kef-r300-m...-unit-testing/

Condition:

Scan 26w: 8/10. The only real issue with these is that one of them has a cracked flange (pictured below). Now, truly, this is VERY minor. It happened because I had to basically force the speaker out of a t-nut gone rogue. I've had the speaker installed like this since practically day one with no issues. I also rounded out the mounting holes to accept a larger allen bolt; I'll provide said bolts for free if you'd like to use them. I have the original packaging and rubber magnet boots, as pictured. These were high passed at about 70hz-80hz for the majority of the time, mated to two subs.

Kefs: 9/10. These were high passed at 500hz on the midrange and about 2.8khz on the tweeters. They also come with the round trim ring.

Asking Price:

Scan 26w: Madisound price on these is about $715/pair shipped. Used prices typically are $500-500. Given the condition of mine, I'm asking $420 shipped, conus.

Kefs: $650 shipped, OBO, conus. Keep in mind there are (4) individual drivers here and not just two mids. This may very well be the only time you ever see these raw drivers up for sale.

Email: hardisj(at)gmail(dot)com and PM are fine.

Photos:

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 29th December 2014, 12:45 AM   #2
bikinpunk is offline bikinpunk  United States
diyAudio Member

price drop before eBay...

Scans - $380 shipped, CONUS.

Kefs - $580 shipped, CONUS.
  Reply to this post

FS: Kef R-series concentrics and ScanSpeak 26w/8867T 10" RevelatorHide this!Advertise here!