• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCBs for a high quality Headphone Amplifier (Audioxpress 6/2013)

Joined 2010
Paid Member

Attachments

• PCBs for the headphone amplifier.jpg
    PCBs for the headphone amplifier.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 2,620
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I have some DS2E-M-DC9V relays available. If you are interested send me a email at:
gntanavaras@gmail.com

Of course you can use any other relay if the dimensions and the layout are the same with the above relay. But you should recalculate the resistors R29, R35 and R36 so that the voltage on the relay is close to its nominal value. Otherwise you could overdrive the relay and it will get really very hot. You should check also that the temperature on the body of the resistors is normal.

Nice Boards!

George,

Just received a set of boards today. It may be a few weeks before I get them built, I am finishing up one project now, and have another in the queue.

They are well made, as good as any I have seen. Lots of wide tracks. The smallest trace I saw looked to be about .020" or .025". Nice.

I especially like the use of two ground planes, on both top and bottom: one or signal and one for power. No doubt keeping them separate keeps noise down, and I think it is an indicator of good layout, and good layouts are essential for good sound.

There are many good designs out there, and I like building them and listening to them all. Each has a unique character, a unique sound, something that it does exceptionally well. I am looking forward to listening to yours.

Best regards,
Mike

Joined 2010
Paid Member