• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audioquest Onyx MC h/o mint low hrs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audioquest Onyx moving coil cartridge in mint condition. Purchased new and used as a backup cartridge. Very rare, limited edition, special commissioned cartridge by Audioquest in the 80s. This was made to fit in between the AQ B100m and AQ 404i line up as a high performance, high output MC. This was not part of their standard lie up, only sold to select High End retailers. Aluminum body, hand calibrated-dynamic balanced coils, surgical grade latex rubber damper, square shank, nude hyper-elliptical stylus mounted in a hollow boron tube filled w/ proprietary dampening compound. Made to compete with other 80s high end MCs. I would rate as 9 only due to age. Take a look at the stylus close up pictures, absolutely no wear on stylus. Less than 500 hrs use.

Sorry to let go but need to fund another MC purchase. I no longer have the original box, or paperwork, but it will be carefully packaged in a wood box and secured by padding in a bigger box. Original 80s price was $799.00, asking $300 plus shipping for a quick sale (head shell not included). Buyer pays PayPal 3% or PayPal gift to save fees (if chosen as method of payment) and shipping. I will pay for insurance to protect you and me.

Since this was not a widely distributed cartridge, the original specs were difficult to find, this is the best Audioquest could supply

Hollow Boron tube cantilever
Square nude Hyper-elliptical Stylus
Mass 9.2 gram
Frequency Response 20Hz -20KHz min
Stereo separation 30db min
Dynamic Compliance 10 X 10-6cm/Dyne
VTF 1.8 to 2.0 gm
VTA 15 degrees
Load Impedance 100 to 47K ohms
Med/High output 1.2 mV

Attachments

• Onxy7-1.jpg
    Onxy7-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Onyx 6-1.jpg
    Onyx 6-1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Onyx2-1.jpg
    Onyx2-1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Onxy1.jpg
    Onxy1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Onxy2.jpg
    Onxy2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Onxy5.jpg
    Onxy5.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 43
  • Onxy4.jpg
    Onxy4.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 45
SALE, FOR THE NEXT 48 HRS, PRICE $250.00 AND FREE SHIPPING USA ONLY!!! THAT'S A GIVE AWAY PRICE.I WILL NOT GO ANY LOWER THAN THIS!!

This cartridge competes with my Sumiko Blackbird, is a bit softer in the highs and lows, but has a nicer midrange. Body can easily be removed (see pictures) to mimic Blackbird (never tried it, but have heard it's been done).

NO takers??? This is an awesome sounding cartridge. Way better than a Denon DL-110 or DL-103 without the need for a step-up. Only selling to pay for Lyra Titan. This was built by ScanTech pre Lyra days (that's why I purchased the Titan). I'm extending the sale price until sold.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.