• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

[SEARCH] PCM63 "K2" or "Y"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi together,

i'm looking for four PCM63 "K2" or four PCM63 "Y" If some one have to sell these parts please contact me. I would like to take also one or two or ....
It would also help me if someone could tell me how I can buy them.

Thanks!

Hello Carsten ,

I have 4 pieces PCM63 Y.
I bought them from Spencer (FET Audio | Hi-End Audio Projects | DIY Audio Projects blog)
If you want, I'll give everything to DACD1V33.
http :/ / D1V33 DACFET Audio | Hi-End Audio ProjectsFET Audio | Hi-End Audio Projects
It works perfect!

Regards,
Vitali

Attachments

• 20140602_093451.jpg
    20140602_093451.jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Dear Craig,

Thanks for the reply.
I wasn't aware of the huge price difference.
I'll need the DAC's for an experiment and i don't want to spend that amount of money on the DAC's only. I might consider buying them if my experiment with "cheap" pcm63's is a success.

Does anyone have affordable genuine PCM63's for me

Best regards,

Bart

why would anyone buy a used chip still soldered in a board? even if you manage to get them out with out breaking them they will be trashed.

You are not doing your reputation any good.

I am not sure if you are aware but there are some extremely qualified people that frequent this forum and post here. Some are designers and applications engineers from the major semiconductor manufacturers in the US and elsewhere.

I see in your bio you have your occupation listed as "Fitter/machinest,artist,ˈlʌdʌɪt."

Also, I think you may find that you could be breaking the forums rules with your post.

You may want to become better informed of the facts first before you speak and also consider the position you have now put yourself in with this comment.

Dear Craig,

Thanks for the reply.
I wasn't aware of the huge price difference.
I'll need the DAC's for an experiment and i don't want to spend that amount of money on the DAC's only. I might consider buying them if my experiment with "cheap" pcm63's is a success.

Does anyone have affordable genuine PCM63's for me

Best regards,

Bart

Hi Bart, I am not sure what the market will fetch for these chips. I am using eBay prices as a bit of a guide. So I am just feeling out if there is any demand and whether it is worth dismantling perfectly good equipment just for these chips.

The grading was a mystery to me until recently. I never saw a data sheet from Burr-Brown with anything higher than a K grade mentioned from the early 1990s until now.

However the reality seems there were higher K2 and Y grades. These are listed on the TI website for the discontinued PCM63. There was also another lower grade PCM63P-1.

So it goes:

PCM63P
PCM63P-1
PCM63P-J
PCM63P-K
PCM63P-K-2
PCM63P-Y

Have a look at the TI website for the PCM63. Here -> PCM63 | Audio DAC | Audio Converter | Sample & buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.