• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: tweeters, dome midranges or woofers with grills on them or grills or grill ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I go to stores like, Office max Bed Bath and Beyond and find the stainless or metal screen they use for desktop reasons. (paper holders, nick nack storage).
That screen is called expanded metal and quite pricey but reasonable when a major corporation buys millions of items.
I remove the screen from the edges with tin snips (they will never cut tin again after this) or a dremel with a cut off blade.
Then I put the speaker on the screen and draw around it with a sharpie.
Cut the screen on the outside of the sharpie mark.
Take a hammer and tap the screen around the speaker frame, you want to do this a little at a time, 4 times around the speaker before the screen is at a 90 degree.
I only have 1 picture and you really can't tell the screen is over the speaker. It was originally silver but I painted these black before I put them on. They are held in place with black latex caulk applied smoothly around the screen connected to the wood.
There is another picture with silver grills.

Attachments

• 2014-05-23 15.56.58.jpg
    2014-05-23 15.56.58.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 53
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.