• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Drivers for JBL 250Ti clone (LE14, 108H clone, 104H-2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A while back, I had a pipe dream about building a clone set of JBL 250Ti speakers. I have come to the reality that this is likely never to happen, due to time...

I had collected most of the drivers necessary to do this- so, they are now for sale.

One pair, JBL LE14A, reconed as LE14H-1 (black foam-edge cones, flanges of frames painted black). Fresh recone by me. $200.00 for the pair plus ship.

One pair JBL 2118 8" midbass, reconed as 108H clone, flanges of frames painted black. $80.00 for the pair plus ship. (BTW- could still work as a standard 2118H, 8 ohm)

One pair JBL 104H-2 midranges, in good condition, all oriiginal. $80.00 for the pair plus ship.

All six drivers, if you buy the whole package, for $330 plus ship.

All you would need would be one pair of 044Ti, 035Ti or 052Ti tweeters, to make the complete set. I can supply original 250Ti crossover schematics by email...

Thanks...

Regards,
Gordon.

Last edited:
This guy is not prepared to sell them in the Market place on the Lansing Heritage forums so my guess is that is why he has not replied to my Pm and Post either.

That just demonstrates a lack of transparency and integrity.

I would ask for photos and other evidence before proceeding.

Buyer be where!

Last edited:
I have never received a PM, or an email, from macka... I don't know what's going on there. Other people PM'd me about these, and got at least reasonably prompt replies. I work 55-60 hours a week on average, so my time to visit the board is pretty limited- so, the actual reason that I did not put a reply post here, was that I hadn't seen the reply. I probably should have put a "notify by email on replies to this thread" notice on it (so I would have been notified by email of replies), but frankly, I didn't think of it at the time... for that, I do apologize.

I haven't been on the Lansing Heritage board for probably a couple of years now. My interests are much broader than just that one brand, so I concentrate on boards that serve those broader interests. That said, I don't understand the comment regarding that board...

If someone wants pictures, all you have to do is ask- it may not be instantly, but I can take pictures of the drivers.

Frankly, I've sold and bought enough stuff, on here, AudioKarma, Antique Radio Forum, and other places, that there are plenty of people out there who can provide witness that usually, the stuff I sell is better than expected, in almost every case, and at least as good as described, in any case. Feel free to ask about me (I use the same member name pretty much everywhere) on any board you want, here or elsewhere...

EDIT: I went back into the original post (using the "edit" button), and turned on the 'notify daily by email" subscription option- so the board should notify me of any new posts to my threads here, at the end of each day. I think I shall make that my default setting on any sale thread I put up here, from now on...

Regards,
Gordon.

Last edited:
No, they are not sold yet.

That said- I am wary of sending them out of the North American continent, due to experiences I have had, about things getting lost and damaged going overseas. I would really prefer to find a buyer that's at least on the same continent. Last thing I want, is to wind up with one of these with a broken frame, shifted magnet, or the like. Also, I can't imagine how much shipping a 60lb box all the way across an ocean, would cost, in itself...

BTW: PM sent to macka, with the exact same text as above...

Regards,
Gordon.

Last edited:
Just for perspective- to ship these JUST to Canada (basically "next door" in terms of country geography), to lpd, would have cost $180.00 or more- just for the shipping. I could hardly imagine how much more, going to another continent would add to that...

Regards,
Gordon.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.