• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Buffalo-III DAC + IVY-III I/V Stage + PSU's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
NOW SOLD!!!

Thinking of selling my Buffalo-III DAC

Built by myself using cardas audio solder on the IVY stage and high quality solder on the dac and psu's, fully working and hardly used, this is setup for UK voltage but can be changed if you wanted.

It needs a nice case for it all to go in and some decent cables for the output connectors, I never got round to casing it, I do not have the mounts for the transformers, I have lost them but I'm sure they can be mounted some how.

Includes...

• Buffalo-III DAC with...
  • (1) AVCC Dual Shunt Regulator Module (Assembled and Tested)
  • (2) Trident 3.3V Shunt Regulator Module (Assembled and Tested)
  • (1) Trident 1.2V Shunt Regulator Module (Assembled and Tested)

• Single S/PDIF Level Converter Kit
  • IVY-III I/V Stage
  • Placid HD Supply
  • Placid HD Bipolar Supply
  • 2 Transforers for both PSU's
  • UK Medical mains filter
  • Balanced output sockets
  • Stereo output RCA sockets.
I spent just over £450 ($750) on everything including the connectors and solder etc...

Message me with a sensible offer if you are interested please, buyer pays paypal fee and shipping cost with insurance.

IMG_5165_zpsdc42f0f7.jpg

IMG_5172_zpsdb91734f.jpg

IMG_5173_zpsa220cc4e.jpg

IMG_5174_zpscd877c23.jpg

IMG_5175_zpsf552dada.jpg

Last edited:
Buffalo

A problem with selling DIY stuff in this price range is that one is competing with very good commercial stuff. For example, Schiitt Gungnir carries exactly the same price tag - $745. But you get top quality, finished, reputable product. And warranty. I'm a little bit in a similar situation - I build horn speakers and eventually sell them - to recoup the cost. But in my case I buy 3-4 sheets of birch ply at a cost of about $79 a sheet. Figure, another $200 for glue, veneer etc. The rest is labor of love and I don't factor in the cost of my time. And at some point when I'm ready for another project, I easily get a grand or more for my hobby horns. And somebody is very lucky to get a superb speaker at a fraction of what a comparable commercial product would cost. But you pay retail for components and it quickly adds up to a handy sum...don't know what to tell you...

A problem with selling DIY stuff in this price range is that one is competing with very good commercial stuff. For example, Schiitt Gungnir carries exactly the same price tag - $745. But you get top quality, finished, reputable product. And warranty. I'm a little bit in a similar situation - I build horn speakers and eventually sell them - to recoup the cost. But in my case I buy 3-4 sheets of birch ply at a cost of about $79 a sheet. Figure, another $200 for glue, veneer etc. The rest is labor of love and I don't factor in the cost of my time. And at some point when I'm ready for another project, I easily get a grand or more for my hobby horns. And somebody is very lucky to get a superb speaker at a fraction of what a comparable commercial product would cost. But you pay retail for components and it quickly adds up to a handy sum...don't know what to tell you...

Well I never said I wanted $750 I was just stating what it had cost me, I am open to offers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.