• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

RAAL 70-10D RAAL Ribbon Tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of RAAL 70-10D Ribbon Tweeters for sale
They are brand new, unused and will ship in original box.
No foam pads I took them out of the box and now I can't find them.
Anyway I was going to use them..but never find with a new baby.

$450 including shipping in the USA.
Paypal or MO

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0970.jpg
    DSC_0970.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC_0971.jpg
    DSC_0971.jpg
    861.5 KB · Views: 439
  • DSC_0972.jpg
    DSC_0972.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC_0973.jpg
    DSC_0973.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 397
Can anyone tell me what effect the pads actually have on FR and vertical dispersion, ie whether I'll need them?

I'd rather recommend you to get a pair of them to go for some tests ;)
From my experience on the 140-15D, the foam pads bring a better dispersion and somehow and slightly smoother sound (thanks to less direct reflexions I guess).

Have fun with these !

The pads constrain the dispersion of the ribbons making them more direct radiating, they also help attenuate the audible effects of back reflections in from the edge of the ribbon, cutting down 2nd, 3rd harmonics etc. It's the latter effect that is most measurably noticeable.

I measured mine with them pads set at every different notch on the fascia plate, and the designer is spot on, aligning the inside edge of the pad with the 7th notch in from the top and bottom of the fascia leads to the smoothest in room response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.