• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS in Los Angeles: subwoofer, subwoofer cabinet, oscilliscope, KEF center...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Consolidating a lot of stuff:

Picked up a JBL LSR6312SP studio 12" subwoofer - unfortunately with a blown amplifier. These have the really nice neodymium differential-drive motors that JBL does so well - though in an awkward 2 ohm impedance (driver is the 252F). T/S parameters here:

Here's what it came out of: [url=http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/lsr6300-series/lsr6312sp]LSR6312SP Products | JBL Professional

Dust cap is ripped, will do $85 firm for it with the factory enclosure OMG FREE???!!!! Pickup in Los Angeles, of course. If you just want the driver - because of the neo motor, it's actually freakishly lightweight, so wouldn't be terrible to ship. CONUS only, sorry international friends.

Exodus Audio PR18 18" passive radiator, cast frame, super well made, with mass kit: $55

harmon/kardon AVR520 receiver with 5 channel direct amplifier input - $47

HSU ported 10" subwoofer project (dead amp) - $25

totally good Squeezebox Boom w/ remote for $95!

Probably more stuff I forgot about.

cheers,
-Tal, who is trying to simplify his life and reduce the amount of stuff he has

Last edited:
I have a pair of JBL LSR-32 speakers that I'm mulling selling. There are VERY few commercial speakers I consider really exemplary, but these are one such beast.

Was using as a reference against the speaker design I'm working on, but I fear that having them is making me put off putting together my own speakers.

Would accept $650 for the pair, firm. The tweeter is pushed in on one of them (sigh) but still sounds good.

cheers,
-Tal

JBL LSR-32

FWIW, there is a local (Los Angeles) eBay seller selling the newer (and nearly identical) 6332 speakers for $750 each, which is a more common going rate. These are really, REALLY good speakers, with amazing resolution, and a dynamic range uncommon to direct radiators (which fits in with it being a midfield monitor, and able to be used as mains in a pinch).

cheers,
-Tal

OMG MORE STUFF

Just added:

Squeezebox Duet Receiver (just the receiver; was using my phone to control it) - $85 local, $100 shipped CONUS. Been exlclusively using Squeezebox as a music source for some 7 years now - just upgraded to a SB Touch.

Also:
Dead KRK V6 bi-amplified studio monitor - $30. Might be an easy fix? Or not. (Won't ship, sorry.)

Update:
Would sell the JBL LSR-32s for $600. Having them is preventing me from building my own DIY reference speakers - they're not easily bettered. (Definitely won't ship, sorry!)

cheers,
-Tal

Adding a powered subwoofer and a ridiculous 10" replacement driver for it, although it works totally fine as is:

Mirage FRX-S10 subwoofer (identical to Energy ES-10) - nice vented 10" unit with a discrete amplifier and an isolated power supply (totally separate from amplifier). 100 watts RMS / 400 peak. Asking $105.

Very related: have an Eclipse 8100.4 (4-ohm SVC) aluminum cone subwoofer with 29mm xmax (!!!) and a TC7 motor. Pretty crazy. REALLY heavy. Was going to put in the Mirage subwoofer, plug the port - but then realized I have plenty of other subs, and should sell this one. T/S for a small sealed enclosure. Details and pics from someone else's thread here: 1 Pair Of Eclipse 88100.4 SQ Subwoofers - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Fs 22 Hz.
Qes 0.511
Qms 2.1
Qts 0.41
Re 3.1 ohms
Vas 83.2 l
Sd 357

Asking $95

Mirage powered subwoofer and Eclipse subwoofer driver - $165, firm ($35 off). Should be really nice!

Definitely local pickup only in Los Angeles!

Last edited:
JBL LSR32 lowered to $525 (but local pickup only in Los Angeles, sorry.)

Hello all,

Settled on keeping the Tannoys I have for the narrower (60 degrees!) coverage, vs. the wider-but-more-consistent coverage of the JBLs (I could have a more optimal room - but I don't).

Issues are:
One tweeter is pushed in (sigh) though it doesn't seem to affect the sound too much. Also I only recently noticed that both speaker are lefts - they are NOT a mirror-imaged left/right pair.

Best,
Tal

SVS 20-39 CS+ passive sonotube-style 12" ported subwoofer, on the big side (though small footprint). $115, firm.

Coffee table subwoofer w/ 15" Dayton Titanic Mk. 3 - $165, firm.

(driver only) Eclipse 10" - $95, mildly flexible.

(driver only) MTX Thunder 8000 12" 4 ohm, best in sealed box, $35 firm.

(driver only) P-Audio TM12 - $95 firm. Built very much like a JBL W12GTI split-coil dual-gap motor. Optimized for ported, definitely not for sealed.

heavy well made box for 2 12" passive radiators and 12" driver + cutout for huge Keiga 1000 watt amplifier (available!) - free.

Cheers,
Tal

Any chance you can list which ones are still around..... Maybe I will have him pick one up for me if he goes lol...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.