• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Frugel-Horn Mk3 Speakers - Milwaukee/Chicago Area Pick-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frugel-Horn Mk3 rear horn loaded speaker. Utilizes a single 4" full range driver, Mark Audio CHP-70 eN. The drivers were purchased new from Planet10 earlier this year. I built the speakers using Baltic Birch ply and copper internal wiring. They are fully glued ... no fasteners were used. The stabilizers have spikes attached for solid footing to the floor. They are painted a darker red with a black rear horn area, and look pretty good. They could be veneered if you preferred that look (not by me though!). These speakers sound very good, with a terrific mid-range and excellent imaging. The bass is remarkably good when corner-loaded. I use them with a sub, so I dont have them fully corner-loaded, and they perform well. Google them for tons of input. There's a couple very long threads on DIYAudio.com as well.

SOLD Local pick-up only in the SE WI/NW Chicago area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Greetings tlarwa,
Sounds like someone closer to you may be interested...good luck on that front. If that doesn't work out I may be interested if you could come a couple hours northwest, I'm up in the St Paul MN area.
Thanks,
Marko

That could work. My son goes to the U and will be home for Thanksgiving. I probably won't be heading north for a while myself, but we could make something work I'm sure. Send me a PM .

Status
Not open for further replies.