Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Clearing out DIY speaker builds
Clearing out DIY speaker builds
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2013, 04:07 PM   #1
pjblakey is offline pjblakey  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Clearing out DIY speaker builds

Offering two of my recent speaker projects, built in 2012.

1. A pair of Frugelhorn full range with Mark Audio CHP-70(2nd gen) made out of 7/8" thick solid red oak, stuffed with polyfill to suit my room and wired with CAT5 cable. They are painted with a Krylon burgundy and look reasonable.
I found that the bass performance, though plentiful, is very dependent on room effects and stuffing has a huge effect. One is stuffed quite heavily and the other, quite lightly. $200 plus shipping.

2. Pair of folded Tabaqs with Tang Band W3-1364SA full range drivers, cabinets also made from the same red oak tree, with MDF baffle. $150 plus shipping.

I also have three more of the TB drivers that have been used very lightly and currently reside in the closet-$75 plus shipping.

The first picture shows the unfinished Frugelhorn, the second dominated by an experimental 3 way, and the third picture is the Tabaq.

I realize that shipping costs may be excessive, but if anyone in the Atlanta area is interested, I could deliver for $50(cost of gas from my remote location).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (881.1 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (329.3 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg tabaq1.JPG (880.9 KB, 174 views)
  Reply to this post

Clearing out DIY speaker buildsHide this!Advertise here!