• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Clearing out DIY speaker builds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Offering two of my recent speaker projects, built in 2012.

1. A pair of Frugelhorn full range with Mark Audio CHP-70(2nd gen) made out of 7/8" thick solid red oak, stuffed with polyfill to suit my room and wired with CAT5 cable. They are painted with a Krylon burgundy and look reasonable.
I found that the bass performance, though plentiful, is very dependent on room effects and stuffing has a huge effect. One is stuffed quite heavily and the other, quite lightly. $200 plus shipping.

2. Pair of folded Tabaqs with Tang Band W3-1364SA full range drivers, cabinets also made from the same red oak tree, with MDF baffle. $150 plus shipping.

I also have three more of the TB drivers that have been used very lightly and currently reside in the closet-$75 plus shipping.

The first picture shows the unfinished Frugelhorn, the second dominated by an experimental 3 way, and the third picture is the Tabaq.

I realize that shipping costs may be excessive, but if anyone in the Atlanta area is interested, I could deliver for $50(cost of gas from my remote location).

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    881.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 200
  • tabaq1.JPG
    tabaq1.JPG
    880.9 KB · Views: 200
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.